Grads Throwing Graduation Caps in air in front of WPAC

Records Office

The hub of your academic records from the moment you step on campus until you hold your diploma—and beyond.

We handle a wide variety of requests related to transcripts, graduation, withdrawing and more. The Records Office also maintains student academic records, performs enrollment verification, and other items related to student academic records.

*For online access to current student records, please visit YCPWeb.

Graduates signing Old Spart
As a true Spartan tradition, grads leave their mark on Old Spart.

Service Request

Select a tab below to view more information on common service requests:
  • Transcripts


    Transcripts can be ordered online 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse.

    • You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card.  Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
    • The fee for an official or unofficial transcript is $5.00 per copy along with a $2.50 processing fee per session.  PDF transcripts can also be requested for the fastest delivery for an additional $3.50. 
    • Order updates are available via mobile text message and will also be emailed to you.  You can track your order online using your email address and order number.

    For electronic transcripts, the emailed download link is only available for 30 days from the date on the email. However, once you access the transcript, just download/save a copy of it to your computer. A local copy of the transcript can be saved/opened indefinitely. 

    *NOTE: All financial obligations to the College must be cleared before transcript requests will be honored.

  • Degree Verification

    Degree Verification

    The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for Degree Verifications for students who graduated from May 1980 through the present.

    Degree Verifications are...

    • Frequently used by employers to verify that applicants have, in fact, obtained a degree reported on an employment application. This is NOT the same as a transcript request or an enrollment verification (which is commonly requested by student's insurance companies).
    • Obtained by contacting:

    *Note: There is a fee for each verification and a user account must be established before use.

    • For degree verifications for students who graduated PRIOR to May 1980, please contact the Records Office at 717.815.1504.
  • Enrollment Verification

    Enrollment Verification

    Free self-service official enrollment verifications are now available to MyYCP users through the National Student Clearinghouse. It is widely accepted by third parties such as health insurance, credit issuers, housing providers, employers and others, and includes the enrollment term dates and indicates full-time or part-time status. 

    When can you get an official enrollment verification?

    • Previous terms are always available;
    • Summer terms are available the week after the official term ends.


    1. Login to MyYCP to access Enrollment Verifications.
    2. Link to National Student Clearinghouse.
    3. Select "Current enrollment" or "All enrollment"
    4. Select "Obtain an enrollment certificate."
    5. Print your enrollment verification form.
    6. Logoff the National Student Clearinghouse website.
    7. Submit the enrollment certificate to the third party that requires proof of your enrollment status.

    Questions? Contact the Records Office at 717.815.1504 or

  • Apostilles


    What is an Apostille?

    An apostille is essentially a certificate of authenticity for a U.S. document (i.e. diploma or a transcript). As of Oct. 15, 1981, the US became a member of the 1961 Hague Convention which abolished the requirement of legalization for foreign public documents. The Convention provides for the simplified certification of public (including notarized) documents to be used in countries that have joined the convention. Under the Hague Convention, signatory countries have agreed to recognize public documents issued by other signatory countries if those public documents are authenticated by the attachment of an internationally recognized form of authentication known as an apostille. A list of Hague Conference countries can be found at this link.

    How Do I Obtain an Apostille or Certification?

    The student is responsible for the entire apostille application process. Records Office does not offer notary services. If a student needs transcripts and/or their diploma notarized, they will need to set up and pay for arrangements for a mobile notary to come to the Records Office. They will also need to make arrangements for the diploma and the official transcript to be at the Records Office during the notarization.

    For additional information on Apostilles, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of State's website.



Select a tab below to view more information:
  • Deadlines

    Deadlines for Graduation Applications

    In order to graduate, students must submit an online Application for Graduation by the specified deadline:

    • May Graduates apply by February 15
    • August Graduates apply by July 15
    • December Graduates apply by September 15
  • Applying for Graduation

    Applying for Graduation

    Students that plan to graduate will need to submit an online application for graduation. Please click on the links below for further information/instructions:

    Instructions for Degree Seeking Students

    Instructions for Certificate Seeking Students 

  • Regalia


    Graduating students can order their regalia online at the bookstore by selecting the package you need (payment is required). A regalia package should include a cap, gown, hood, and tassel. Honors cords are also distributed with the regalia package if students are found to be eligible (please view the Graduation Honors section).

  • Commencement Information & Instructions

    Commencement Information & Instructions

    Please visit the Commencement webpage for event details.

  • Honors

    Graduation Honors

    Baccalaureate Degree Students are eligible for graduation honors based upon their York College record. Transfer students may be eligible for graduation honors after a minimum of 45 credit hours of academic work are completed at York College. Graduation honors will be awarded on the basis of the cumulative GPA at York College.

    Graduation honors recognized by York College are:

    1. Summa Cum Laude: 3.90 or above
    2. Magna Cum Laude: 3.70–3.89
    3. Cum Laude: 3.50–3.69

    Because the fall and spring Commencement ceremonies occur before all of a student’s final semester grades have been tabulated, graduation honors published at Commencement will be based on the student’s cumulative GPA prior to their final semester of coursework. However, the graduation honors noted on the student’s official transcript will be based on the student’s final cumulative GPA.

Select from the followingfor more information:

  • Credit Hour Definition

    Students enroll in courses, but requirements for degrees are typically stated in terms of credits. Credits for each course are stated in the Catalog and the Schedule of Classes. The prototypical lecture course is worth 3 credits, but courses vary widely in their credit values. Bachelor’s degrees require at least 120 credits and Associates require at least 60.

    The amount of work a student should expect to spend studying for a particular course depends on numerous factors including his or her prior preparation, but the expectation is that the typical student will need to spend at least 45 hours of work per credit assigned to the course. The actual requirements of a course are stated in terms of “learning outcomes” (knowledge or skills that must be learned to pass the course), and the outcomes for any given course are set by faculty of the College based on their knowledge of the discipline and their experience with how much work the typical student will have to put in to acquire those outcomes. Learning outcomes are specified in the paperwork used to certify a course for instruction at the College and should be stated on the syllabus for each section of each course.

    Typically, 3-credit courses are scheduled for three class periods of 50 minutes or two periods of 75 minutes, but other combinations are not uncommon (for example, one class period per week of 165 minutes). Some types of courses typically require more scheduled class time per credit, for example laboratory, clinical, physical education, or fine arts courses.  Thus, courses are most often scheduled so that students have direct contact with faculty for approximately a third of the time that students are expected to spend acquiring the course outcomes, though this will vary depending on faculty expectations for the best use of student time for learning.

    Academic Calendar

    The academic calendar at YCP is divided into three semesters: fall, spring, and summer. While the location of holidays may require slight differences from semester to semester, the fall and spring semesters are scheduled for 15 weeks (excluding exams) and there are multiple schedules for classes offered during summer terms, with the most common lasting 5 or 3 weeks. Since the amount of work required for a course is determined by the learning outcomes and not the length of the term, students can expect to spend correspondingly more time studying (in and out of class) per week than they would when taking the same course during a 15-week semester. Thus, a course schedule for 3 hours a week during a 15-week term will likely be scheduled for 9 hours per week during a 5-week term or for 15 hours per week during a 3-week term, and expected homework time should be multiplied by the same factor. 

  • The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)  (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.

    FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children’s education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. Students to whom the rights have transferred are “eligible students.”

    Eligible student have:

    • The right to inspect and review the studentʼs education records within 45 days of the day the College receives a request for access. Students should submit to the Director of Records written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. The Director of Records will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the College official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
    • The right to request the amendment of the studentʼs education records that the student believes are inaccurate or misleading. Students may ask the College to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. They should write the College official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the College decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
    • The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the studentʼs education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. One exception that permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position (including security personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the College has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.

    Notification of Student Records and College Matters

    While federal law restricts the information we can share, we recognize the important role parents and families play in supporting their student’s education. Our mission is to encourage students to become careful, critical and independent thinkers and decision-makers. And, like parents and families, we want to guide students toward good decisions. Ultimately, our primary relationship lies directly with the student, as they are responsible for their education, their choices, and for meeting their own graduation requirements.

    So that we can be effective partners in guiding the student’s academic journey, York College encourages students to openly and candidly discuss their educational experiences with parents and families. Only with such open, honest dialog can parents and families fully support their student and help guide them to appropriate resources. While York College will not notify parents or legal guardians of student grades, academic actions, and financial matters or conduct violations, students are encouraged to disclose such issues in a timely manner. Students may opt to issue on-line proxy access to their educational and financial records.

    Proxy Access to Online Records

    Students may enable access to important information pertaining to grades, eBills, etc., using the YCPWeb for Parents portal. Once enabled, the student’s designee may develop their own proxy account and thereby access information including warning grades and final grades and access the College’s eBill system for on-line deposit and tuition payments. The student must set up the account using the designee’s email address and a PIN.  The student determines and authorizes what information is available to view by the designee.

    Directory Information

    Directory information is distributed without prior consent of the student. Directory information is defined as a student’s name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, major field of study, dates of attendance, class year and degree, and awards received. However, students who do not wish such information to be released or made public may inform the Records Office.

    The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by York College of Pennsylvania to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the office that administers FERPA is:

    Family Policy Compliance Office
    U.S. Department of Education
    400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
    Washington, DC 20202-4605

  • Grading Policies

    York College Grading Policies

    • 4 Superior: This grade denotes accomplishment that is truly distinctive and decidedly outstanding. Representing a high degree of attainment, this grade demands evidence of originality, independent work, an open and discriminating mind, and completeness and accuracy of knowledge, as well as an effective use of the knowledge.
    • 3.5 Excellent: This grade denotes mastery of the subject matter. It represents excellence in many aspects of the work, such as initiative, serious and determined industry, the ability to organize work, the ability to comprehend and retain subject matter and to apply it to new problems and contexts.
    • 3 Good: This grade denotes considerable understanding of the subject matter. It represents a strong grasp and clear understanding of the subject matter and the ability to comprehend and retain course content, but inconsistently applies it to new problems and contexts.
    • 2.5 Above Average: This grade denotes above average understanding of the subject matter. It represents a limited ability to comprehend and retain course content and apply it to new problems and contexts.
    • 2 Average: This grade denotes average understanding of the subject matter. It represents the grade that may be expected of a student of normal ability who gives the work a reasonable amount of time and effort.
    • 1 Below Average: This grade denotes below average understanding of the subject matter. It represents work that falls below the acceptable standard.
    • 0 Failure: This grade denotes inadequate understanding of the subject matter. It signifies an absence of meaningful engagement with the subject matter and that the student is not capable of doing or understanding the work or has made little or no effort to do so.
    • I Incomplete: The student may request permission from the instructor to receive an incomplete prior to the final examination and must present extraordinary reasons for the petition. Any grades of "I" not removed within two calendar months after the end of the semester will automatically be changed to "0" or "F" in the Records Office. Grades of incomplete should only be provided to students who have completed a substantial portion of all course requirements, are in good academic standing in the course when the incomplete is granted, and if the instructor believes the remaining coursework can be completed during the defined period.
    • W Withdrawal: Students are permitted to withdraw from courses without penalty up to the ninth Friday of the fall or spring semester. Corresponding deadlines are set for all other semesters (ex: summer sessions).
    • P Pass: This grade denotes passing in special Pass/Fail courses.
    • F Fail: This grade denotes failure in special Pass/Fail courses.
    • AU Audit: This grade indicates that a student is registered for a course but receives no credit.

    Grade Point Average

    The grade point average (GPA) is computed by multiplying the hours of credits in a course by the grade earned for all courses completed and dividing the total number of points by the total number of credit hours attempted.

    Example: A student carrying 16 credit hours and receiving for his/her first term's work the following grades would have a GPA of 2.69.

    Course Credits/Grade Quality Points

    1st course 3 x 2 = 6
    2nd course 3 x 3.5 = 10.5
    3rd course 3 x 2 = 6
    4th course 3 x 2.5 = 7.5
    5th course 3 x 3 = 9
    Physical Education 1 x 4 = 4
    16 credits 43 Quality Points
    Grade Point Average (GPA) = 43/16 = 2.69

    Incomplete Work

    A student may request an incomplete grade for a course when illness, family tragedy, or similar extenuating circumstances make it impossible for the student to complete the remaining requirements of the course by the end of the semester. The student should contact the course instructor with this request. At the instructor's discretion, a grade of "I" may be granted if the student has completed a substantial portion of all course requirements, is in good academic standing in the course when the incomplete is granted, and if the instructor believes the remaining coursework can be completed during the defined period. All incomplete work must be completed within 60 days from the last day of finals in the semester in which the coursework is taken or the student will automatically receive a grade of "0." It is the student's responsibility to contact the instructor and make all the arrangements to complete the coursework within the given time frame.

    Pass/Fail Option

    York College students may take designated courses on a pass/fail basis. Those courses offered with the pass/fail option will be indicated online through the YCPWeb.

    Students matriculated prior to Fall 2015 may register for a maximum of two pass/fail courses per academic year with a maximum of eight such courses in a student's undergraduate program. Students may not take courses required in their major or minor field on a pass/fail basis and may not use pass/fail courses to complete General Education requirements (that is, Common Core and Area Distribution Requirements) even if courses are offered in that manner.

    Students matriculated beginning Fall 2015, cannot take any of the General Education elements (First Year Seminar, Foundations, Disciplinary Perspectives, Constellation) on a pass fail basis.

    In addition, a student registered for a 12-credit course load with three credits of pass/fail coursework will not be eligible for Dean's List recognition.

    Auditing a Course

    Students or members of the community who wish to audit a course will be accommodated after full-time students have registered for courses. Regulations affecting auditors are:

    • no attendance record is maintained
    • no assignments are made or papers corrected
    • no examinations are taken
    • no course credits are received
    • nominal tuition charge will be made (see Tuition and Fees section)

    Students cannot audit lab courses, studio courses, non-credit courses, Independent Study, or internships.

    Repeating a Course

    Any student who has taken a course at York College will be permitted to repeat this course. While both grades will appear on the student's permanent record, the quality points earned on the basis of the higher grade will be used in the computation of the cumulative grade point average. Since grades and quality points are not transferred from other institutions, a course may only be repeated at York College.

    Warning Grades

    Between the seventh and eighth week of the semester, a student will receive a warning grade ("U") for work that has been deemed unsatisfactory by the course instructor. At York, we define unsatisfactory work as a grade of less than 2.0. The instructor will submit the warning grade through YCP Web and a student will receive a "U" on the transcript for that course. Students who receive warning grades should meet with the instructor of the course and academic advisor for guidance in improving the grade.

    Final Grades

    York College issues final grades at the end of each semester and these grades are posted online and appear directly on the student's transcript on MyYCP.

    Residency Requirement

    The college residency requirement policy requires that the final 30 credit hours of a student's degree requirements be completed as coursework at York College. Because a student should take most of his or her upper-division courses in the major during this time, it is important that these advanced credit hours be completed at the College. Therefore, no transfer credits or CLEP examinations are accepted in the final 30-credit hours of a student's coursework. Students who are enrolled in the Baccalaureate Completion Program for Registered Nurses are exempt from this requirement.

  • Withdrawal Policy

    Deadlines for Withdrawing From a Course:

    • Fall 2021
      • 1st Cohort - September 17
      • Full Semester - October 22
      • 2nd Cohort - November 9
    • Wintersession - January 20
    • Spring 2022
      • 1st Cohort - February 18
      • Full Semester - April 1
      • 2nd Cohort - April 8

    Effective with the Spring 2019 semester, to withdraw from a course a student must:

    • Log into the Spartan Success Network (SSN) via MyYCP. The student will then use the Raise Your Hand feature to indicate that they would like to withdraw from a course. Once submitted, a notification will be sent to the Academic Advisor. For step-by-step instructions:

    How to Withdraw from A Course SSN Instructions

    • The academic advisor will review the withdrawal request in SSN. Once approved, they will comment on the student's Raised Hand in SSN. The student must then complete a YCP Course Withdrawal Form. This form will be emailed to the student once the advisor has commented.
    • Once the form has been completed, Records Office staff will process the course withdrawal.


    • Failure to attend class or merely give notice to the course instructor is not considered an official withdrawal
    • No extensions are granted beyond the withdrawal deadline
    • A course withdrawal will appear on the permanent transcript as "W"
    • A "W" grade does not get averaged into the cumulative grade point average of a student
    • A "W" grade earns no quality points

    Official College Withdrawals

    When circumstances indicate that a full-time student must withdraw from the College, he or she must contact the Dean of Student Affairs for a complete withdrawal from all courses. A student who officially withdraws from the College receives grades of "W" on the transcript. A student who ceases attending classes without completing his or her formal withdrawal will receive a grade of "0" in all registered courses. In addition, the student remains responsible for all financial obligations. A student who withdraws before the end of the term or is suspended or expelled receives no refund. In some academic programs, withdrawal might affect a student's status as maintaining regular progression toward the major.

    Part-time students should contact the Registrar's Office if withdrawing completely from the College. Part-time students should note that withdrawal during or after the first class meeting will not eliminate the obligation to pay any remaining balance. (See Tuition and Fees section in the College Catalog for refund policy.)

Contact Us
Miller Administration Building, Room 29
Phone: 717.815.1504
Fax: 717.849.1646

Semester Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer Hours (May-August)
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.