We are requesting that students self-quarantine at home for 14 days before returning to campus.
Before coming to campus and moving into your residence hall, you and your guests should take your temperatures. You should not come to campus if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, currently have a fever, or are exhibiting symptoms of infection.
The residence hall move-in process will take place August 17-23, 2020. Students should have already received two emails with additional information about when their area of campus will be open, and how to sign up for a specific time to check into their residence hall. Sign-up through this system is required to move into a residence hall for Fall 2020.
When you arrive on campus to move in, you will check in via a drive-thru process in the Rail Trail parking lot on West Campus. Please enter West Campus at the Richland Avenue entrance. You and your guests will remain in your vehicle during check-in. You will be expected to show photo ID. Both your and your guests’ temperatures will be taken on-site.
You will receive a check-in packet containing your keys, and bookstore representatives will distribute book orders placed via bookstore.ycp.edu.
- You must check in during your appointment time, and may not arrive or return during other times.
- You are permitted a maximum of two guests to help with move-in. If you arrive with more than two guests, you will not be permitted to enter campus.
- Everyone who enters campus property must wear a face covering.
- You must adhere to social distancing guidelines of at least six feet and follow social distancing markers designating six-foot distances, one-way traffic, and maximum occupancy for spaces.
- Pay attention to signs highlighting entrances and exits.
- Bring your own hand truck, boxes, etc. Move-in carts will be available in Northside Commons and West Campus on a first-come, first-served basis
Residential Facility and Cleaning
Facility adjustments will be made to residential buildings. This will include limiting the use of common rooms, lounges, and common kitchens. The custodial team will work to clean residential common spaces, including common bathrooms, on a scheduled basis consistent with CDC and other public health guidelines.
As usual, students are responsible for cleaning their own bedrooms, apartments, and other non-common spaces. Students should follow CDC recommendations when cleaning their individual spaces. Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces (e.g., tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, phones, tablets, touch screens, remote controls, keyboards, handles, desks, toilets, sinks) daily in their bedrooms and other non-common spaces. The CDC recommendations provide information for cleaning different types of surfaces, including porous surfaces, non-porous surfaces, and electronics. Students are responsible for bringing appropriate cleaning supplies.
For the Fall 2020 semester, York College Facility Services will supplement the cleaning of bathrooms within Springettsbury Hall. Students are expected to continue to maintain cleanliness of the house including bathrooms, but for the Fall 2020 semester, Facility Services will monitor and provide additional cleaning and disinfection to common bathrooms.
For everyone’s health and safety during the 2020-2021 academic year, the only visitors you may have to your college residence are:
- Your family members ages 18+
- York College students who do not live with you
You may have only two (2) approved guests at a time.
Guests are expected to wear a face-covering in public spaces and hallways within the residential facilities. Guests should not visit the residence halls if they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, currently have a fever, or are exhibiting symptoms of infection.
You may not have overnight guests for any reason. This includes parents and guardians.
Approved Visiting Hours
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Use of Residence Lobbies
Lobbies are open to residential students when the front desk is open.
Only residents and their approved guests are allowed in residence hall lobbies.
Additional Rules and Responsibilities
- You must stay with approved guests the entire time they are in the building.
- Approved guests must sign in and out at the front desk of the lobby, where applicable. Guests must leave photo identification (government-issued ID, driver’s license, etc.) at the front desk. It will be returned when they leave.
- You are responsible for your approved guests’ actions on campus. Make sure they follow all College policies, rules, and regulations. You will be held accountable if they violate the Code of Conduct. This may include student conduct sanctions.
- The Area Coordinator/Resident Director of each residence oversees the College’s guest policy and may suspend your guest privileges.
- You must get a guest parking permit from the Department of Campus Safety for any guest who brings a vehicle on campus. You must ensure that they use the parking permit and follow all traffic and parking rules. You and/or your guests are responsible for any citations.
This policy includes all College residences, including halls, suites, apartments, and houses.
To protect our community, all students, faculty, staff, and visitors must wear face coverings that cover their mouth and nose any time they may be near other people. This includes:
- In all buildings, including campus and off-campus housing
- Outdoors, even if people are not around at the moment
- On campus and in the larger community