Virginia Bell '87
Distinguished Alumni Service award recipient Senior Regulatory Consultant Cerner Corporation
"The Health Information Management program was very small when I was at York College. I graduated with six other ladies in 1987. The York College of Pennsylvania name got me in the door for interviews when I first graduated from college. Then, when I had more experience, I found more YCP alumni in the profession working in the area."
Current City: Baltimore, MD
YCP Degree: BS Health Records Administration
- Pursuing a master’s degree, studying Information Technology Project Management at the University of Maryland University College
- Considers her 25-year career in the Health Information Management field to be her greatest achievement after starting post-graduation as a data analyst and moving up the ladder
- Served on the Alumni Board of Directors from 2002-2011 where she held multiple positions: Scholarship and Awards Chair (2003-2005), Vice President (2005-2007), and President (2007-2009)
- Spoke at YCP commencement ceremonies as Alumni Board President for the 2007, 2008, and 2009 graduating classes
- Continues to stay involved with York College by volunteering during annual events such as the Golf Outing and the Egg Hunt, and by attending numerous events and reunions
- Favorite YCP class was Health and Law, where she learned about what you could and could not do regarding power of attorney and authorizations in each state
- YCP Student Involvement: Zeta Delta Phi
Connect with Virginia:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.