Terrie Smith Ducray '76
"York College professors helped me to understand the basics by keeping classes small and encouraging student participation rather than lecture platforms. After attending two larger universities, I found the ambiance and personal attention at a smaller school to be most advantageous to me."
Current City: Longboat Key, FL
YCP Degree: BS Psychology
- Worked in four different fields across her career: bank management, property and casualty insurance agent, owner and operator of her boutique, L’esperance, and agent for musical entertainment
- A representative of the Reynold B. Smith Memorial Scholarship, a scholarship established by her late father in 1983 to give students the chance that he never had – to attend higher education
- Member of the Samuel and Isabel Small Legacy Society, which recognizes individuals who have provided for York College through their wills and other planned giving instruments
- Lives by her father’s advice to not back away from challenges. “As a result, I have pursued vocations that I would never have ventured or tried,” she says
- Considers graduating from college and securing her first professional role to be her greatest achievements, and feels these could not have happened without a great education
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.