Lauren Henry '89
Senior Principal Operational Specialist Johnson & Johnson
"York College got me where I am today by giving me a good foundation. I was a Speech Communication major, and the classes I took really taught me how to speak (and even got rid of my Upstate New York/Central Jersey accents!). I was heavily involved in the radio station and also on the forensics (competitive speaking) team. If you're a good speaker, you can pretty much talk yourself in and out of any situation. This was helpful getting me through my long and winding career path."
Current City: West Chester, PA
YCP Degree: BA Speech Communication
- Has held a variety of roles in her professional career: on-air DJ, Statistical Analysis System (SAS) programmer, systems analyst, corporate trainer, project manager, meeting planner, and comedian
- Graduated with a 4.0 and won the Best Student Award for her major in graduate school from Penn State University-Great Valley with a Master of Education in Instructional Systems: Training, Design, and Development in 2007
- Master’s thesis published in Encyclopedia of Human Resources Information Systems: Challenges in e-HRM (July 2008)
- Winner of the Overall Achievement award in Instructional Systems
- She is the WVYC-FM Alumni Coordinator, a YCP Day of Giving Social Media Ambassador, and a Delaware Valley Regional Ambassador
- Had been the first donor on YCP Day of Giving three years in a row, until her Midnight Madness Challenge for the 2019 YCP Day of Giving
- Improv Instructor for West Chester Studio for the Performing Arts and currently Managing Creative Director for Better Than Bacon Improv Comedy
- YCP Student Leader Involvement: WVYC-FM radio station
Connect with Lauren:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.