Kristen Dempwolf '13
Community Engagement Coordinator York Traditions Bank
"My favorite class at York College was Events and Promotions with Kelley Gibson. It was there that I found a way to merge my planning oriented brain with my love for service to nonprofits. I don't think it ever dawned on me until then that I could serve my community through marketing and events. Kelley was also one of the many individuals who helped forge my path in York's events community."
Current City: York, PA
YCP Degree: BA Public Relations
- Facilitates York Traditions Bank relationships with community organizations and nonprofits through sponsorships and partnerships
- Manages the Bank’s social media presence as well as supporting search optimization efforts
- Proud small business owner and has a micro-business, By K Events and the York Flea, which provide space for York area artisans and makers to showcase their wares and collections
- Background in marketing and event planning for nonprofits and in digital advertising
- Organized the York Flea, volunteers for the Cultural Alliance of York County, and was treasurer of Public Relations for the Student Society of America (PRSSA)
- Planned and implemented a variety of special events including First Fridays, Go Green in the City, Sweetest Pint Tasting Tours, Downtown First Awards, among others for Downtown Inc.
- Gives tours downtown to help build the York community
- Collaborated with staff and volunteers to build successful fundraising campaigns to support the American Cancer Society’s local programs and services
- Former Events and Marketing Chair for the YCP Young Alumni Council
- YCP Student Leader Involvement: Libertarian Club, PRSSA, Ski & Outdoor Club, and WVYC-FM radio station
Connect with Kristen:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.