Kerrilyn Curtin '03
Director of Market Research Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA)
“York College excelled at offering hands-on experiences. These experiences were not only resume-builders, but more than that taught me lessons beyond the classroom. I left with a portfolio of projects and a full resume that spoke right to the industry I wanted to get into, sports. I owe much of my early success to these experiences as it gave me a leg up on my competition."
Current City: Manorville, NY
YCP Degree: BS Sport Management, Marketing
- Awarded an internship at Madison Square Garden (MSG) in New York City while attending York and upon completion of the internship, hired full-time and was employed at the “World’s Most Famous Arena” for over 10 years
- Learned and worked for Lois Freidman who served not only as her boss but as a mentor in both life and work while at MSG
- Held positions at Symphony Advanced Media, Telemundo Media, and Special Olympics New York—Long Island Region
- Received MS, Sport Management in 2010 from State University of New York College at Cortland
Served as an Industry Representative, Board of Directors for Commission of Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA)
- Participated in YCP Professional Day, the Sport Management program’s signature event
- Recipient of the Cynopsis Rising Star Award
- Played on the Spartan Women’s Field Hockey Team
Connect with Kerrilyn:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.