Ken Colloton '76
Self-employed as a Principal Consultant Level 5 Global Governance and Leadership
"My best advice came from my York College Accounting Professor John Barber. Professor Barber noticed that I enjoyed the "people business" as he watched me pledge Omega Theta Chi. As a junior at YCP enrolled in advanced accounting courses, Professor Barber recommended that I double-up over the next two years and complete as many management courses as I possibly can. Professor Barber believed that I could use my accounting proficiency but also enjoy—and be good at—managing and leading people."
Current City: East Greenbush, NY
YCP Degree: BS Accounting and Management
- Certified BoardSource Nonprofit Board/Governance Consultant; BoardSource is the recognized leader in nonprofit board/governance leadership and supports, trains, and educates nonprofit leaders from across the country and throughout the world
- Previously held positions at Albany Medical Center Hospital and Medical College as the Senior Vice President, Director of Innovation; Level 5 Global Governance and Leadership as Proprietor and Principal; Bank of America/Fleet Bank as President and Market Executive
- Enjoys consulting engagements in Russia, Peru, Armenia, Geneva, Czech Republic, Thailand, Kenya, and Tanzania
- Elected as President of the World Alliance of YMCA's headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland (The World YMCA is the largest youth organization (and one of the largest nonprofits) in the world located in 120 countries) and first American elected in 30 years for that prestigious position
- Appointed by two New York State Governors and the New York State Senate to serve on Government and Public Education Boards
- YCP Student Leader Involvement: Annual Fund Class Agent, Student Senate, and Alpha Delta Phi
- Recipient of 2009 Jefferson Award for Outstanding Public Service; Albany-Colonie Chamber of Commerce Spirit of the Chamber Award; Capital District YMCA, Presidents Award; Hudson Valley Community College Distinguished Alumnus Award; Multiple Sclerosis Leadership Award; and induction into the Columbia High School Hall of Fame for dedication to business, family, and community
- Emeritus/Lifetime Board status on Hudson Valley Community College and World YMCA
Connect with Ken:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.