Kelley Gibson '96
President Cultural Alliance of York County
“I would not be in York without York College. Coming here, it felt like coming to the place I was meant to be. The skills and experience I gained from the faculty at York College gave me the abilities I needed to jump into the community building work very early on in York... If I had not come to York College, I would never have met my husband of twenty years and started our family."
Current City: York, PA
YCP Degree: BA English
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership, management, and success of the Cultural Alliance
- Started her career in the arts by becoming the first-ever Director of Marketing & Development for YorkArts Center, a partner agency of the Cultural Alliance
- Serves on the board for Citizens in the Arts in Pennsylvania, the Commonwealth’s only statewide multidisciplinary arts advocacy organization
- Has over 15 years of increasing leadership roles and responsibilities within the arts and culture community in York County
- Lives in York with her husband, Joel, and two daughters, Madelyn and Kaelin
- Served as a moderator for the Alumni Lunch and Learn Session with Dr. Pamela Gunter-Smith in 2013
- Served as a panelist for students on campus, a site visit host during the 2019 #SpartaNation tour, and a YCP Day of Giving Social Media Ambassador
Connect with Kelley:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.