Adrienne McNeil '98
Assistant Vice President of Community Relations Lehigh University
“My jobs at York College were community-based. The networking, building relationships, and engaging with partners was an excellent start for my career and the position I have now at Lehigh University."
Current City: Bethlehem, PA
YCP Degree: BA Public Administration
- Represents Lehigh University in the community at various boards and organizations in the region; conducts the annual University United Way campaign; serves as the communication link between the University and the community, through the website, newsletters, community meetings, and town/gown events
- Graduated from Villanova University with a Master of Science in Human Resource Development (2001), graduated from Harvard Business School, Harvard Manage Mentor Leadership Track by Harvard Business Publishing (2015), and currently attending University of Phoenix, Ph.D., Higher Education Administration (2010-2019)
- Former Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the United Way of Lancaster County
- At United Way, mentored and developed a staff of 25 people, managed an organizational budget of $2.5 million, and led a countywide strategic grant-making effort to improve the allocation of $3 million to 105 organizations, and played a key role securing $6 million annually through effective major gift solicitations, creative sponsorship opportunities, and effective donor cultivation events
- Received the United Way of Lancaster County Board Chair’s Award in 2015
- Held positions at University of Phoenix, York County Community Against Racism, York College of Pennsylvania, and Duquesne University
- Hosted the 2019 #YCPRoadCrew for a site visit and tour of Downtown Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and Lehigh University
- YCP Student Involvement: Black Student Union and Student Ambassador
Connect with Adrienne:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartan award recipients.