York College has a four-year residency requirement. Students of traditional college age including transfers and readmits (who have graduated from high school within four years) are required to live in YCP residence facilities or to commute from the home of parent/guardian until they have received authorization to reside off-campus.
Contracts are for the full academic year, including for those students that become part-time during the spring semester. A full copy of the housing of the residency requirement may be found online. Students who do not qualify for commuter status are required to reside on-campus, including those that are eligible to be full-time, but elect to be part-time.
Any student interested in living off-campus or commuting from the home of parent/guardian for future years, must apply and attain written authorization through the off-campus/commuting application process.
1. All students of traditional college age including transfers and readmits (who have graduated from high school within four years) are required to live in YCP residence facilities or to commute from the home of a parent/guardian.
2. December graduates requesting housing for one semester are not guaranteed, and applications will be reviewed based on space.
3. Students may apply to live off-campus, with the authorization of the Residence Life Office, in a dwelling unit which is not the domicile of a parent/guardian if they:
4. Not all students that apply will receive permission to live off-campus. We discourage students from signing leases until they have been granted permission to reside off-campus. Please see Off-Campus Application Process section in the Student Handbook for full procedures.
5. Commuting - On-campus students wishing to commute from the domicile of a parent/guardian/relative must request to do so through the application process, which is typically due by February 15 of the current academic year. They must also live within 25 miles of York College of Pennsylvania. If a request is made after the deadline, you may be denied.
6. Violations of the Housing Policy (on and off campus) shall be adjudicated through College disciplinary channels. We encourage all students to be aware of their rights and responsibilities regarding occupancy and safety. These ordinances vary according to the municipality in which the home/apartment is located. Check with the local borough or township office for ordinances that apply to that locality.
Throughout the academic year the resident student is bound by his/her housing contract unless he/she is released by the Director of Residence Life.
This contract is for the academic year, or summer sessions, whichever is applicable, or any prorated portion thereof. This contract does not provide housing during recess periods (see Residence Life Opening/Closing Calendar). At the end of the academic year, each student must check out, return room key(s), and remove all belongings from the room.