Students in front of fountain

Transfer Information

This page describes York College's ‌Transfer Policies and Transfer Equivalencies. In addition, it describes the process that a transfer student would need to follow in order to apply to the college.

Students already matriculated at York College who would like to take a course off campus will need to complete the Off-Campus Study Approval Form.

Beginning the Transfer Process

To begin the transfer process, please complete the admission application and submit the required materials to the Admissions Office. Once you have been accepted by the Admissions Office, your transcripts are sent to Katie Schwienteck, the Associate Registrar for Transfer Articulation, to be evaluated in the Registrar's Office. An official credit evaluation report will automatically be mailed to you in the following weeks. Please view the Transfer Policies below for an explanation of which credits aren't accepted at YCP.

York College is continually pursuing articulation agreements for specific programs, for example Business Administration with Harrisburg Area Community College, to make your transition to YCP as smooth as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about transferring credits to York College that aren't addressed on this site, please contact Katie Schwienteck at 717.815.1448 or

Transfer Equivalencies

Compare York College courses with those of other colleges with our Transfer Equivalencies page.


Off-Campus Study Approval Forms

An Off Campus Study Approval Form must be completed prior to the beginning of off-campus courses to be assured that academic credit will be awarded by York College.

It is necessary for the student to provide the Academic Advisor and the Registrar's Office with course descriptions to determine the appropriate York College course equivalencies. The course descriptions are usually found in college catalogs.


Credits earned with a 'C' or better may be transferred back to York College. Grades earned in courses at other institutions do not transfer to York College. Therefore, only credits completed at York College are computed in the student's grade point average and can be used to raise prior 'D' or 'F' grades.

Students are reminded that they must complete the last thirty (30) credit hours of their program at York College to be eligible for graduation.


Graduate Studies Transfer Policies and Instructions

Students who desire to take courses at another institution must secure prior approval from the appropriate Graduate Program Coordinator. Official graduate transcripts from another institution must be submitted. Transfer credits will be evaluated by the appropriate Graduate Program Committee. Only courses where a grade of 'B' or better is earned will be eligible for transfer. Transfer credits will carry no grades or quality points; thus, these credits will not be used in calculating the student's grade point average.

Master of Business Administration - Students in the MBA Program may transfer no more than twelve (12) credits of 510-level or above coursework into the program. Transfer credits will be added to the York College transcript after a student has successfully completed twelve (12) 510-level or above credits at York College.

Master of Science in Nursing - Typically, matriculated students may transfer six (6) credits of 500-level or above coursework into the program. Transfer credits will be added to the York College transcript after a student has successfully completed twelve (12) 500-level or above credits at York College.

It is the responsibility of the student to have the college or university named on this form send an official transcript of the work pursued to the Records Office, York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA 17403-3651.