York College is proud to support veterans pursuing higher education and we participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. According to, York College is listed among “the top 20 percent of colleges, universities, and trade schools, which are doing the most to embrace America’s veterans as students.”

Veterans Veterans Education Benefits

New and Transfer students:

  1. The process begins by submitting an application to the Admissions Office at York College
  2. Request an official military transcript from the Army, Coast Guard, National Guard, Marines, Navy or the Air Force along with any previous college transcripts
  3. Once accepted for admission, apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  4. Apply for VA Benefits through the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
  5. Register for classes through the Registrar's Office
  6. Submit the Certificate of Eligibility for VA Benefits (received from the Department of Veterans Affairs once you have been approved) and the Request for Certification to the Records Office
  7. Check your current Post-9/11 GI Bill enrollment status on eBenefits

Returning students:

  1. Submit the Request for Certification to the Records Office after you have paid the deposit and registered for classes
  2. Check your current Post-9/11 GI Bill enrollment status on eBenefits

 Request for Certification must be completed when you register for EVERY term you wish to claim benefits

  •  A veteran who is eligible for educational benefits may enroll as a non-matriculated student for a maximum of two enrollment periods and still utilize those benefits.

Any questions or concerns relative to veterans educational benefits should be directed to William Benton, Director of Records, at 717.815.1232 or

Additional information can also be found on the GI Bill website or by calling the VA directly at 1.888.442.4551.

Like us on Facebook at: