The Office of Communications at York College uses MeritPages from readMedia to publicize student achievements both inside and outside of the classroom. Students receive recognition, for example, when they are named to an academic or leadership position, join a team, volunteer in the community, study abroad, or make the dean's list. In addition, they have the opportunity to create an online profile that they can use for jobs, internships, and references after graduation. And because good news is meant to be shared, students can share items with friends and family through Facebook and Twitter.
What happens when your achievement is shared with Merit?
Notification is sent to your hometown newspaper (based on zip code), and you receive an email inviting you to enhance your online profile at Merit. (While the online profiles are quickly updated, it often takes several weeks for such announcements to appear in local newspapers.)
How do you claim your page?
1. Go to http://ycp.meritpages.com and search for your name.
2. Next to your name, find the option to claim your profile.
3. Enter your YCP email address and submit the form. Merit will send you a confirmation email.
4. Claim your Merit page by clicking on the "connect with Facebook" button in the email you receive.
5. Follow the Facebook prompts for logging in and connecting to your Facebook account. By doing this, you've claimed your Merit page.
How do you opt out?
To opt out of the program, simply reply to the email you receive from Merit and ask to be removed.
Don’t see your achievement?
Sometimes good news doesn’t make its way to the Office of Communications. Help us out by contacting us directly to let us know what you’ve achieved. Just drop a note with information (first and last name, year at York, major, hometown and accomplishment) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re part of a group of students who deserve to be recognized, ask an administrator or faculty member to share with us the entire list so we don’t miss anyone!