It is the responsibility of the STUDENT to:
- Print and complete an application and submit with Required Documentation.
- Meet with the Disability Support Services Coordinator to discuss accommodation needs, review procedures, and obtain an accommodation memo (used to access accommodations).
- Introduce themselves to the instructor of the class or classes where accommodations are needed, show the instructor the accommodation memo, and discuss the implementation of accommodations.
- For testing accommodations:
- Make arrangements with the instructor for testing accommodation a week in advance of the test date.
- Make arrangements with Testing Services (link) for testing accommodations a week in advance.
- For note taking assistance:
- Ask the instructor for copies of jhis or her notes. If not available, ask the instructor to assist in discreetly identifying a classmate who is a competent note taker willing to share notes.
- For attendance policy modification:
- Complete and sign an attendance policy modification agreement form (link) with each professor where the accommodation is needed.
- See the Director of Disability Support Services promptly if problems arise accessing accommodations.
It is the responsibility of the DIRECTOR of DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES to:
- Assess the validity of the documentation provided by the student.
- Consult with the student about the nature of the accommodations.
- Prepare an accommodation memo.
- Serve as liaison between students with disabilities and their instructors and administrators as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.