College Study Abroad can be an exciting, enriching and eye-opening experience where learning extends well beyond the classroom walls. A student who is receptive to new cultural experiences and interested in broadening his or her horizons should consider such an opportunity. Study Abroad requires a mature level of personal commitment and responsibility, independence, attention to detail and acceptance of new and different ways of living. If you bring these qualities to studying abroad, the experience will be an invaluable one.
Benefits of Study Abroad
- Academic commitment and career development
- Personal growth
- Short term opportunities (York College courses with international travel component)
- Summer programs
- Semester programs
- Full year programs
Steps and Process for Study Abroad
- Attend one or both of the following Career Development events:
- Global Education Fair: Fall 2015
- Study Abroad Information Sessions - all sessions in Campbell Hall, Room 232:
Thursday, January 22, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 4, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 17, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Friday, March 13, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Monday, March 23, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 7, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 22, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Determine your goals and overall the feasibility of studying abroad
- Research potential programs
- Continue to prepare
For more info on College Study Abroad, including a list of courses with an international travel component and college-sponsored study abroad programs, check out the Guide to Global Education or contact the Career Development Center at 717.815.1452 or email@example.com.
Application Deadlines for Affiliated Programs
- Application for affiliated study abroad programs listed below
- York St John (York, England) - Nov. 13, 2015 for fall 2016
- Sophia University (Tokyo, Japan) - Feb. 6, 2015 for summer, fall or full year 2015
- Kufstein University (Kufstein, Austria) - Nov. 13, 2015 for spring/summer 2016
- Nuova Academic (Milan, Italy) - Feb. 6, 2015 for spring 2016
York College Requirements
- Complete and submit a Request for Off-Campus Study Approval form to Katie Schwienteck in the Registrar’s Office
- Pay the $100 Study Abroad Fee to the Business Office
(The above are required for all study abroad except York College courses with international travel component)
- There may be additional requirements depending upon the opportunity selected; contact the Career Development Center to confirm your specific requirements