We at the Career Development Center recognize that parents can play a useful role in supporting their college students in the process of their career development. Your support is extremely important during your student’s career exploration, development and search for internships, employment and other opportunities.
Visit our student pages to learn more about the services available to your student. On our employer pages, you can find out how to hire a Spartan, help us build relationships with employers, or get involved in other Career Center events.
There are many experiences, ideas, tools, resources, programs, activities and services that make up your students college experience. Don’t worry… and don’t wait to encourage your student to get involved with the Career Center. It’s never too early to start!
5 steps to help your student achieve success at York College:
1. Remind your student to take an active role in the process of making career decisions.
2. Emphasize the importance and value of internship experience.
3. Encourage extracurricular involvement.
4. Advise students to develop and update their resume as they go through college.
5. Teach the value of networking.
If you are a York College alum, parent, or friend with a job or internship you would like to notify us of, please click here for our Job
& Internship Referral Form.