It is the responsibility of the STUDENT to:
- Print and complete an application and submit with current documentation.
- Provide current documentation of their disability (contact the Disability Support Services Coordinator or consult the Required Documentation link for further information regarding documentation requirements).
- Meet with the Disability Support Services Coordinator to discuss eligibility for and extent of accommodations.
- Read and sign the release form.
- Pick up the accommodation memo in the Academic Advising Center (Campbell Hall, Room 200).
- Introduce themselves to the instructor of the class or classes where accommodations are needed, show the instructor the accommodation memo, and discuss the implementation of accommodations.
- Make arrangements with the instructor for testing accommodation (if eligible) ahead of time, not on the day of the exam. Ask the instructor how much notice is required.
- Make arrangements with the Center for Teaching and Learning for testing accommodations (if eligible) 3-4 days prior to the test, not on the day of the exam.
- See the Disability Support Services Coordinator promptly if problems arise accessing accommodations.
It is the responsibility of the DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES COORDINATOR to:
- Assess the validity of the documentation provided by the student.
- Consult with the student about the nature of the accommodations.
- Prepare an accommodation memo.
- Serve as liaison between students with disabilities and their instructors and administrators as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.