York College is proud to support veterans pursuing higher education. According to militaryfriendlyschools.com, York College is listed among “the top 15 percent of colleges, universities, and trade schools, which are doing the most to embrace America’s veterans as students.”
Veterans Admissions Process
- Any veteran seeking matriculation to York College of Pennsylvania should submit an application to the Admissions Office.
- Those veterans who are eligible for educational assistance under any of the current GI Bills, as administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs, MUST notify the Director of Records to initiate their educational benefits and to ensure that all necessary forms and certificates have been submitted. (This is especially important with the implementation of the Post 911-GI Bill.)
- Re-certification will be required for each subsequent enrollment period.
- Veterans who may qualify for advanced standing credit should submit all previous college transcripts and training records to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
- A veteran who is eligible for educational assistance benefits may enroll as a non-matriculated student for a maximum of two enrollment periods and still utilize those benefits.
Any questions or concerns relative to veterans educational benefits should be directed to William Benton, Director of Records, at 717.815.1232 or email@example.com. Additional information can also be found on the GI Bill website.