Transfer Student Policies
In accordance with AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrar and Admissions Officers) guidelines, transfer credits will be awarded to provide advanced standing to transfer students for courses in which a 2.0 ("C") or higher grade is earned, and which are comparable and appropriate to the academic programs and general education requirements of York College. Colleges may vary in the number of transfer courses that are applied to satisfy degree requirements.
- Transfer students must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. The Nursing and Education majors require a higher grade point average. A maximum of 75 credits will be accepted in transfer credits from two-year colleges. Transfer students admitted to the college with an Associate's degree from another institution must satisfy all York College general education requirements not completed as transfer credit. Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in residence at York College to be eligible for a degree.
- York College awards credit but no quality points for transfer work. Transfer grades are not computed into the cumulative grade point average except in the calculation of graduation honors.
- Transfer credit will be awarded for courses where the student has earned at least a 2.0 ("C") or higher grade. Grades of "D", "F", "W", "Inc", "Au" or "In Progress" will not transfer. Continuing education units (CEU's) will not transfer.
- Technical courses will not transfer to York College. Examples include agriculture, electronics, drafting, dental hygiene, paralegal, EMT, etc.
- Remedial courses do not transfer. Typically they are numbered from 000 to 099 and include English, math, reading, and study skills courses.
- Freshmen orientation or freshmen seminar courses from other institutions will not transfer to York College.
- Students transferring with a Bachelor's degree from another institution will not receive a course-by-course evaluation. Students should contact the academic department of their major for determination of courses needed to complete their degree at York College.
- If the Advanced Placement and/or CLEP credits are listed on another college's transcript for credit, we require an official copy of the score reports for York College to evaluate.
- Special instructions and services are provided for International Applicants.
- The World Education Services must evaluate credentials from foreign universities. Forms are available in the Admissions Office.
- Classes transferring as electives (1XX, 2XX, 3XX, 4XX) may transfer as specific courses. Please see the appropriate academic department for further information if you believe that it is equivalent to a York College course.
For additional information, students should contact Ms. Katie Schwienteck, Associate Registrar at 717.815.1448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.