Cheryl Thompson, D.N.P., R.N., A.C.N.S.-B.C.
- BSN, Bloomsburg State College (1981)
- MSN, Allentown College of St. Francis de Sales (1989)
- DNP, Case Western Reserve University (2007)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist in Public/Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Concepts and Practice: Community Health Nursing
- Health Promotion and Clinical Prevention for Individuals and Populations (MS in Nursing)
- Student learning outcomes related to development of cultural competence
- Nurse managed center patient outcomes
- York County Community Foundation Embracing Aging Grant for "Upright and Steady," an interdisciplinary collaborative to provide an evidence based fall prevention program in nurse managed centers
- Finalist for Central Penn Parent Magazine HealthCare Heroes Award, 2013.
- WellSpan Collaborative Partnership Grant, for nurse managed center sustainability and research to document patient outcomes.
- York County Community Foundation Grant, for implementation of diabetes support group in nurse managed centers.
- Award for Innovations in Professional Nursing Education, 2009, American Association of Colleges of Nursing, for York College of Pennsylvania nurse managed centers.
- Lessons in retrospect: A proposal for home care agency integration of nurse managed wellness model of care. Home Health Care Management and Practice, 2016.
- Meeting baccalaureate public/community health nursing education competencies in nurse-managed wellness centers. Journal of Profession Nursing, 2013.
- Promoting health in low income communities: The Asthma Safe Kids Program delivered by an academic nurse managed center. Journal of Allergy and Asthma Educators, 2012.
- Using the Omaha System as a framework to demonstrate the value of nurse managed wellness center services for vulnerable populations. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 2012.
- Teaching critical thinking to nurses in a Ugandan hospital. Home Health Care Management and Practice, 2010.
- The journey to sustainability for nurse managed wellness centers. National Nurse Centers Consortium Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 2015.
- No passport required: Study abroad in the local community (poster presentation). Association of Community Health Nurse Educators/American Public Health Nursing Association Joint Meeting, San Antonio, TX, 2014.
- Best of both worlds: Nurse managed wellness centers provide meaningful community health clinical with service that improves outcomes for vulnerable patients. Poster presented at Association of Community Health Nurse Educators/American Public Health Nursing Association Joint Meeting, Raleigh, NC, 2013.
- Using the Omaha System to measure outcomes of wellness services in nurse managed wellness centers. The Power of Nursing: Using EBP and Research to Keep Patients Safe Annual Conference, York, PA, 2013.
- Collaborative partnerships to enhance sustainability of nurse managed wellness centers. National Nursing Centers Consortium Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 2012.
- Clinical practice as Clinical Nurse Specialist providing care to individuals and leveraging population level care for economically disadvantaged York city residents since 2002.
- Facilitated and conducted nursing study abroad trips to Guatemala and Uganda 2008-2011.
- Nursing clinical practice in acute care, home care, hospice, and nursing administration prior to entering academia.