Our faculty members engage in interesting research projects, many of which involve students. Recent examples of such projects include:
- Cracking Matrix Encryption Row by Row - a research project completed by a former York College student (Katherine Millward) working with Craig Bauer, Ph.D., that was published in the journal Cryptologia.
- Representation Theory of Finite Groups - an independent study project completed by a current York College Student (Amanda Parshall) working with Haiping Yaun, Ph.D.
- A Classification of Quadratic Rook Polynomials - a research project conducted with current York College students (Samantha Tabackin and Alicia Velek) working with Frederick Butler, Ph.D.
Please click on the name of a faculty member below to learn more about his or her research.
- Craig Bauer, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Interests: cryptography, combinatorics
- Frederick Butler, Ph.D. email@example.com
- Research Interests: combinatorics (specifically rook theory), mathematics education
- Lorie DeMarco firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Interests: effects of implementing best practice teaching strategies
- David Kaplan, Ph.D. email@example.com
- Research Interests: process education, curriculum development
- Haiping Yuan, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Interests: number theory