Engineering Industry Partners
Our engineering majors enjoy a close and active involvement with local industry. Since the inception of the engineering program starting with mechanical engineering in 1993, over 200 students have graduated with a degree in engineering. The Engineering Program at York College incorporates three semesters of co-op experience as part of an outstanding academic program, providing students with real-life work experience and employers with talented job-ready graduates.
"Being involved with York's Engineering program has given us access to fresh engineering talent that has real-world experience through the co-op program. With the school being less than an hour away, the logistics are convenient both for us and the students."
Ted Forman, General Manager, Pall Corporation, Timonium MD
Check out the Engineering Co-op Program.
In addition, some of our industry partners are members of our Engineering Industry Advisory Council (EIAC). Supported by regional businesses that employ engineers, member companies recognize the value of enhancing the engineering students' academic experience and they enjoy mentoring students today for tomorrow's workforce. Members are committed to partnering with York College to build a steady flow of job-ready graduates for their business.
Member Benefits include:
- Access to engineering co-op students and graduates with real-life work experience.
- A forum to offer your unique industry perspective and input into the engineering curriculum.
- The opportunity to sponsor student design capstone projects.
- Access to a dedicated and knowledgeable engineering faculty.
- A peer network of outstanding technical and managerial talent.
- Access to York College engineering facilities and library resources.
Industry Partners include (** denotes EIAC members):
Aberdeen Proving Ground
(US Army Garrison), the installation is quickly becoming the U.S. Army's hub for science and technology.
**APEX Tool Group
(formerly Cooper Industries) markets some of the leading brands in the tool industry worldwide, including Allen®, Apex®, Armstrong Tools®, Campbell®, Cleco®, Crescent®, Erem®, GearWrench®, H.K. Porter®, Jacobs® Chuck, Jobox®, K-D Tools®, Lufkin®, Nicholson®, Plumb®, Sata®, Weller® and Wiss®, among others and manufactures several industry leading private label brands for large retailers and industrial distributors.
– Ground Systems Div. is a leader in the design, development and production of combat vehicles, artillery, naval guns, missile launchers and precision munitions.
Black&Decker / DeWalt
, DeWALT Power Tools line consists of over 200 electric power tools and over 800 accessories.
Case New Holland
, A world leader in the agricultural and construction equipment businesses.
Coupling Corporation of America
, a leading and innovative manufacturer of shaft couplings, flexible shaft couplings and keyless hubs for large rotating machinery and other shaft coupling applications.
- Dataforma, is a cloud computing company providing web-based business management services to the Roofing Industry.
- **Donsco, Inc. is a single source supplier of cast parts for industry and has been supplying cast iron parts for over 100 years. We believe in developing close relationships with our customers in order to best fulfill their casting requirements.
- Engineering Society of York (The) promotes the engineering industry, while also providing support to York County students who wish to pursue a career in engineering.
- **ESAB Welding & Cutting Products, with operations in a large number of countries, ESAB is a world leader in production of welding consumables and equipment.
, specializes in precision manufacturing of CNC
machined metal parts to keep your business running smoothly.
, provides all markets with quality electronic optical and electrical connectors and interconnect systems.
A global supplier of specialty papers and engineered products, Glatfelter delivers more than quality paper products. Offering over a century of experience, technical expertise and world-class service, Glatfelter provides custom solutions to meet your specific needs.
is a supplier of heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC&R) equipment.
**Kinsley Construction Co.
provides its clients with efficient, cost-effective and quality orientated construction services.
wants to do its part in helping to achieve a breakthrough for solar power. Reaching this goal will require continual improvements in the cost and efficiency of solar modules plus constant advances in production processes. By providing the sector’s leading technologies, we are helping the solar industry on its way to grid parity and beyond.
, the leader in the lighting control industry and offers a wide selection of energy saving dimmers and lighting control solutions.
is a global supplier of sustainable technology and services for mining, construction, power generation, automation, recycling and the pulp and paper industries. We have about 28,500 employees in more than 50 countries.
Naval Sea Logistics Center, provides superior, cost effective, and innovative logistics, engineering, information technology, and quality assurance solutions that meet the life-cycle requirements of the current and future Navy.
New Standard Corporation specializes in metal stamping, fabrication and value enhanced services.
- **Pall, Inc. supplies filtration, separations, and purifications technologies that are essential to industry.
- Patton Electronics is a leader in the production of network access and connectivity products including, Voice over IP (VoIP), G.SHDSL ipDSLAMs, broadband transmission, dial-up (V.90) and dedicated (xDSL) access servers, network termination units (NTUs), base-band and short-range modems, fiber-optic modems, interface converters and surge protectors.
- Qualastat Electronics, Inc., is a veteran-owned, small business that has been assembling interconnection systems since 1986.
- Topflight Corp. is a pioneer of printing capabilities, die cutting innovations, and machine design in the label industry.
(Tyco Electronics) is the largest passive components supplier in the world.
, is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of Frequency Control, Sensor, and Hybrid Product solutions using the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies.
provides advanced technologies and integrated services.in the field of hydroelectric equipment.
The York Water Company
, in business to impound, purify and distribute water to the municipalities within York County, Pennsylvania.