Scott Kiefer, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Platteville, 1995
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1997
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2000
- Basic Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Machine Design
- Vibrations and Controls
- Experimental Methods in Engineering Education and Mechatronics
- Withrow Award for Teaching Excellence (MSU)
- Frank and Julie Gelet McKetta Award for Outstanding Teaching (Tri-State)
- Outstanding Faculty Award (Tri-State Class of 2007), Outstanding Faculty Award (Tri-State Class of 2005)
- Eli Lilly Faculty Development Grant (Tri-State)
- United Technologies Educational Grant (UPRM)
- Kiefer S., Somerton C., “Benefits of Mentoring Students in Design Competitions”; American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference, June 2011.
- Kiefer S., “Real Life Examples in a Solid Mechanics Course”; American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference, June 2010.
- Kiefer S., “Preparing Mechanical Engineering Students for Senior Design Projects with Electronics Components”; American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference, June 2007.
- Kiefer S., “Benefits of Undergraduate Research and Independent Study”; American Society for Engineering EducationAnnual Conference Proceedings, June 2005.
- Kiefer S., “Project Oriented Course in Mechatronics”; American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference Proceedings, June 2004.
- Kiefer S., “Project Oriented Course in Mechatronics”, 10th Biennial Mechatronics Forum International Conference, Malvern, PA, June 2006.
- Kiefer S., “Multi-Disciplinary Course in Mechatronics”; International Conference on Engineering Education, San Juan, Puerto Rico, July 2006.
- Kiefer S., Dukhan N., “Building a Research Program with Undergraduate Students”, International Symposium IGIP / IEEE / ASEE, Fribourg, Switzerland, September 2004.
- Served on Committee to evaluate Mechanical Design Sequence changes at MSU
- Provided Solid Mechanics review session for students taking FE at MSU
- Served as Connector Faculty Mechanical Engineering representative at MSU
- Served as a Technical Judge for MSU Sponsored Lego Robotics Competition