Laura Garrison, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas, 1986
- M.S., Operations Research, Stanford University, 1987
- Ph.D., Bioengineering, Penn State University, 1994
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
- Computer Programming, Design
- Statistics, Statics, Physics
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Simulation
- Author's award for article in Hydro Review
- Invited panel participant for discussions on the Future of CFD, CFX User's Conference, May 2002
- Invited to represent successful women in Science and Technology, Penn State York Women's Month Luncheon, March 2002
- AT&T Bell Laboratories Graduate Fellowship at Stanford University (August 1986 - August 1987)
- L. Garrison, F. Flemming, J. Foust, S. Coulson, D. Hovemeyer, J. Dawson, “CFD Simulation of Fish Passing Through a Hydraulic Turbine, “Proceedings of HydroVision International 2010,” July 2010.
- Kala Meah, et. al, “An Automated Bottle Filling and Capping Project for Freshman Engineering Students,” Proceedings of the 2010 Annual American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) Conference, June 2010.
- Laura A. Garrison and David S. Babcock, “Alcohol Consumption among College Students: An Agent-based Computational Simulation,” Complexity, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 35-44, August 2009.
- Glenn F. Cada, Laura A. Garrison, and Richard K. Fisher Jr., “Determining the Effect of Shear Stress on Fish Mortality during Turbine Passage,” Hydro Review, Vol. 26, No. 7, pp. 52 - 59, November 2007
- Glenn Cada, James Loar, Laura Garrison, Richard Fisher Jr., Duane Neitzel,, “Efforts to Reduce Mortality to Hydroelectric Turbine-Passed Fish: Locating and Quantifying Damaging Shear Stresses,” Environmental Management, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 898-906, June 2006.
- Periodic Review Report (PRR) Committee for Middle States accreditation (2010-
- Chair of Mechanical Engineering Search Committee (2010-2011)
- Promotion and Tenure Committee (2010)
- Student Welfare Committee (2004-2010)
- Faculty adviser to the YCP Equestrian Club (2010 – Present)
Faculty adviser to Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) (2010 – Present)