Charlotte Wool, Ph.D., RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing
- BSN, Bloomsburg University (1987)
- MSN, University of Phoenix (2004)
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Tyler (2011)
- Registered nurse
- Licensed perinatal clinical nurse specialist
- Leadership in Professional Nursing
- Research and Professional Nursing Practice
- Health Assessments for Professional Nursing Practice
- Human lactation
- Perinatal palliative care
- Best Manuscript Award, Sigma Theta Tau, Eta Eta Chapter, 2013
- National Perinatal Association Research Award, 2011
- Outstanding Chapter Leader, 2010 AWHONN
- Nurse Educator of the Year, 2005 Holy Spirit Health System
- Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania, Nominee 2005
- Wool, C. (2014). Exploring perceptions and role of genetic counselors in the field of perinatal palliative care. Journal of Genetic Counseling.
- Wool, C. (2013). State of the science on perinatal palliative care. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing.
- Wool, C., & Dudek, M. (2013). Exploring the perceptions and the role of genetic counselors in the emerging field of perinatal palliative care. Journal of Genetic Counseling.
- Wool, C., (2013). Clinician confidence and comfort in providing perinatal palliative care. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing.
- Wool, C. & Northam, S. (2011). Perinatal palliative care perceptions and barriers scale instrument: Development and validation. Advances in Neonatal Care.
- Montreal, Canada: International Conference on Communication in Healthcare: Comparing Clinicians’ Perceptions and Barriers of Perinatal Palliative Care (October 2013)
- Prague, Czech Republic: Sigma Theta Tau International, 24th International Nursing Research Congress: Symposium presentation. Antenatal, Neonatal, and Perinatal Palliative Care: State of the Science in Two Countries. (July 2013)
- Nashville, TN: Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses: Teaching the Weeks of Fetal Development to Women who are Pregnant or Desire to be Pregnant and the Ethical Consequences when we don’t. (June 2013)
- Phoenix, AZ: National Association of Neonatal Nurses: Implementation of a Perinatal Palliative Care Protocol. (April 2013)
- Washington, DC: Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses: Not the Pregnancy We Planned On”: Developing a Plan of Care When There Are Severe Fetal Anomalies (June 2012)