Norma Beyer, DNP, RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing
- BSN, University of Maryland Walter Reed Army Institute of Nursing, 1974
- MS, University of Maryland, 1985
- DNP, Case Western Reserve University, 2011
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Maternal Child Nursing
- Nursing Concepts and Practice: Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Practicum
- Clinical decision making in nursing
- Simulation in undergraduate education
- Service learning in undergraduate education
- Excellence in Nursing Education Award, Eta Eta Chapter of Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International, 2010
- Making a Difference Award, York College of Pennsylvania, 2010
- Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2008 to present
- Patient Educator of the Year, Nominee, WellSpan Health, 2002
- New learning activities in a graduate course. Vital Signs, Department of Nursing, York College of Pennsylvania, 2011.
- Creative educational methodologies: Using a childbirth simulator with baccalaureate nursing students. Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews, 2009.
- Models of clinical decision-making used by BS nursing students, faculty development program, Stabler Department of Nursing, York College of PA, 2012.
- Models of clinical decision-making used by BS nursing students, Midwest Nursing Research Society Annual Conference, Dearborn, Michigan, 2012.
- Screening guidelines and red flags for women, WellSpan Health Spring Fling Educational Conference for Well Women, York, PA, 2011.
- Clarification needed please: Educator to student, faculty development program ‘Clarifying Expectations for Students’, York College of PA, 2010.
- Innovative use of the NOELLE childbirth simulator with baccalaureate nursing students. Poster presented at Biennial Convention, Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International, Baltimore, MD. 2007.
- Committee member, Responsible Ovarian Awareness Required! (ROAR!), affiliate chapter of the Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation.
- Healthy Lifestyle Task Force (of the Healthy York County Coalition); now named the GO! (Get Outdoors!) York Task Force, 2003 to present.
- Member and past president, Eta Eta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.