Cheryl Thompson, DNP, RN, ACNS-BC
Associate Professor of Nursing
Coordinator, NUR 400 Community Health Nursing
- BSN, Bloomsburg State College (1981)
- MSN, Allentown College of St. Francis de Sales (1989)
- DNP, Case Western Reserve University (2007)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist in Public/Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Concepts and Practice: Community Health Nursing
- Nurse Managed Center outcomes related to development of cultural competence for students
- Nurse Managed Center patient outcomes
- AACN Award for Innovations in Professional Nursing Education, 2009
- Eta Eta Chapter Sigma Theta Tau Award for Excellence in Nursing Education, 2007
- Thompson, C. (2010). Teaching critical thinking to nurses in a Ugandan hospital. Home Health Care Management and Practice, 22(5), 319-324.
- Thompson, C. & Johns, A. (2010). Developing cultural sensitivity through study abroad. Health Care Management and Practice, 22(5), 344-348.
- Thompson, C. & Johns, A. (2009). Study abroad program leaves lasting impression on nursing students. Pennsylvania Nurse, 62(3), 16-18.
- Thompson, C. W, & Fitzpatrick, J. J. (2008). Positive health practices and temporal perspective of low income adults. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 17(3), 1708-1717.
- Thompson, C. & Cechanowicz, B. (2007). Poverty and spiritual life: Impact on health and nursing care in Uganda. Home Health Care Management and Practice, 20(1), 70-76.