Melissa Schneider, DNP, RN-BC, ONC
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Coordinator, RN to BS Completion Program
- Diploma, York Hospital School of Nursing (1978)
BS in Nursing, York College of PA (1998)
- MS in Nursing, York College of PA (2006)
- DNP, Chatham University, Pittsburg, PA (2011)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified in Orthopedic Nursing
- Certified in Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Certified in Neuroscience Nursing
- Basic Principles in Nursing Practice
- Music as an adjunct to pain therapy
- Predictors of success in beginning nursing students
- Inducted into Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International
- Schneider, M. (2011) Nurse-physician collaboration: A cornerstone to positive patient outcomes. Nursing2011.
- Schneider, M. A. & Schneider, M. D. (2011) Post-stroke depression: Important information for nurses. Nursing2011.
- Sahd, L. & Schneider, M. (2013). Faculty & student perceptions toward attendance policies in Baccalaureate Nursing programs. Nursing Education Perspectives.
- Schneider, M. & Pomidor, M. (2013). The value of a progressive care environment for neurosurgical patients. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing.
- Implementing a relationship-based care model on a large orthopaedic/neurosurgical hospital unit. Poster presentation at National Association of Orthopedic Nurses Annual Conference. 2011.
- Listening to music as an adjunct to pain management in adult orthopedic patients. Poster presentation at the National EBP Conference, University of Maryland, 2012.
- Women and stroke, Gettysburg College, 2013.