Lisa Ruth-Sahd, D.Ed., RN, CCRN, CEN
Associate Professor of Nursing
Coordinator, NUR 210
- BS, York College of PA (1983)
- MSN, Villanova University (1988)
- DEd, Penn State University (2004)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified in emergency nursing
- Certified in critical care nursing
- Basic Principles in Nursing Practice
- Perioperative Nursing
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology (MS in Nursing)
- Intuitive knowing
- Holistic nursing care
- Women as learners
- Educational teaching strategies in the classroom and clinical setting
- Clinical related topics and case studies
- Adult Education Graduate Student Research Award, AERC-CASAE, 2004
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award from Sigma Theta Tau International, Xi Chi Chapter, 2003
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award in Adult Education, Penn State University, 2002
- Nightingale Award Winner of Pennsylvania for Nursing Education, 1999
- Ruth-Sahd, L.A., & Schneider, M. A. (2013). Faculty and student perceptions toward attendance policies in baccalaureate nursing programs. Nursing Education Perspectives.
- Ruth-Sahd, L. A., & Wilson G. (2013). Perioperative nursing: A collaborative nursing course. Journal of Perioperative Nursing.
- Ruth-Sahd, L. A., & Beck, J. A., (2013). Seeking tenure while working in academia: A phenomenological study. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing.
- Ruth-Sahd, L. A., Zulkosky, K., & Fetter, M. (2011). Carbon monoxide poisoning: How to recognize it in critical care. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing.
- Ruth-Sahd, L. A. (2011). Use of student dyads to enhance clinical performance and improve patient outcomes. Journal of Advanced Nursing.
- Seeking Tenure While Working in academia: A phenomenological study. Sigma Theta Tau International Conference Indianapolis, Indiana, 2013.
- Student attendance, attitudes and beliefs. Sigma Theta Tau, Annual Nursing Research Conference, York PA, 2012.
- Use of student dyads to enhance clinical performance and improve patient outcomes, Sigma Theta Tau Annual Research Conference, York, PA, 2011.
- What the BEEP is B.O.O.P.? Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia: Challenges in critical care nursing. Challenges of Critical Care Conference, Hershey, PA. 2010.
- Collaborative partnerships: Fostering transformative learning in nursing student externs. 40th Biennial Convention of Sigma Theta Tau International Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2009.
- Member, advisory board, Lancaster General College RN to BSN Program, 2010-present
- Member, Parish Nurse Team, St. Leo Catholic Church, Lancaster, PA
- Board member, Penn Manor High School Football Booster Club, Millersville, PA
- Preceptor for eight nursing education graduate students, 2008-present
- Reviewer, Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing journal, 2004-present
- Developed and implemented nurse extern program, Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster, PA
- Expert witness, several law firms, 1999-present