Lisa Ruth-Sahd, D.Ed., RN, CCRN, CEN
Associate Professor of Nursing
Coordinator, NUR 210/211
- BS, York College of PA (1983)
- MSN, Villanova University (1988)
- DEd, Penn State University (2004)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified in emergency nursing
- Certified in critical care nursing
- Basic Principles in Nursing Practice
- Perioperative Nursing
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology (MS in Nursing)
- Intuitive knowing
- Holistic nursing care
- Women as learners
- Educational teaching strategies in the classroom and clinical setting
- Clinical related topics and case studies
- Excellence in Nursing Mentorship from Eta Eta Chapter of the Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International, 2014
- Adult Education Graduate Student Research Award, AERC-CASAE, 2004
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award from Sigma Theta Tau International, Xi Chi Chapter, 2003
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award in Adult Education, Penn State University, 2002
- Nightingale Award Winner of Pennsylvania for Nursing Education, 1999
- Smith, C. A. & Ruth-Sahd, L.A., (2015). Reducing the incidence of postoperative nausea and vomiting begins with risk screening: An evaluation of the evidence. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing.
- Boyle, M., Ruth-Sahd, L.A., & Zhou, Z. (2015). Fecal microbiota transplantation in the management of resistant clostridium difficile infections. Critical Care Nurse.
- Ruth-Sahd, L.A., & Schneider, M. A. (2014). Faculty and student perceptions toward attendance policies in baccalaureate nursing programs. Nursing Education Perspectives.
- Ruth-Sahd, L.A. (2014). What lies within: Phenomenology and intuitive self-knowledge. Creative Nursing.
- Dillman, J., Mancas, B., Jacoby, M., & Ruth-Sahd, L.A. (2014). A review of the literature: Differences in outcomes for uninsured versus insured critically ill patients. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing.
- Promoting an awareness of optimal patient outcomes through interprofessional collaboration in a nursing externship program. American Nurse Association Quality Conference - On the Front Line of Quality: The Future of Health Care, Orlando, FL, 2015.
- Successful treatment with fecal microbiota transplant in the management of recurrent clostridium difficile infections. The 19th challenges in Critical Care conference, Hershey, PA, 2014.
- Seeking tenure while working in academia: A phenomenological study. Sigma Theta Tau International Conference Indianapolis, Indiana, 2013.
- Student attendance, attitudes and beliefs. Sigma Theta Tau, Annual Nursing Research Conference, York PA, 2012.
- Use of student dyads to enhance clinical performance and improve patient outcomes, Sigma Theta Tau Annual Research Conference, York, PA, 2011.
- Member, advisory board, Lancaster General College RN to BSN Program, 2010-present
- Member, Parish Nurse Team, St. Leo Catholic Church, Lancaster, PA
- Board member, Penn Manor High School Football Booster Club, Millersville, PA, 2010-2013
- Wrote and received Great-to-Greater grant (with Dr. Melissa Schneider) to provide a continuing education program on gerontological nursing in 2015.
- Preceptor for eight nursing education graduate students, 2008-present
- Reviewer, Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing journal, 2004-present
- Developed and implemented nurse extern program, Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster, PA, 2000-present
- Expert witness, several law firms, 1999-present