Linda Pugh, Ph.D., RNC, CNE, FAAN
Professor of Nursing
Director, Graduate Programs in Nursing
Director, Doctor of Nursing Practice program
- BSN, University of Maryland
- MS, University of Maryland
- Ph.D., University of Maryland
- Registered Nurse
- Certified in Inpatient Obstetrics
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Evidence-based Practice I (Methods) and II (Translation) (DNP)
- Management for Quality Improvement in Health Care Systems (DNP)
- Application of Nursing Research (MS in Nursing)
- Research and Professional Nursing Practice
- Human Lactation
- Breastfeeding exclusivity and duration in low income women
- Theory of Unpleasant Symptoms
- Fatigue in childbearing women
- Evidence-based practice
- FAAN Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing
- Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing Practice through Research, 2008
- Frick, K, Milligan, R. A.,& Pugh, L. C. (2011). Answering evidence-based questions: Odds ratios. American Nurse Today, 7.
- Pugh, L. C., Milligan, R. A., & Frick, K. (2011). Answering evidence-based questions: Risk - what does that mean? American Nurse Today, 6, 30-32.
- Seben, S., March, K. S., & Pugh, L. C. (2010). EBP forum: An innovative strategy to improve patient outcomes. American Nurse Today, 5, 32-34.
- Pugh, L. C., Serwint, J. R.; Frick, K. D., Sharps, P. W; Spatz, D. L., Nanda, J. P., Milligan, R. A. (2010). Randomized controlled community-based trial to improve breastfeeding among urban low-income mothers. Academic Pediatrics. 10, 10-14.
- White, K., Newhouse, R., Dearholt, S., Poe, S. & Pugh, L. C. (2008). A Teaching Guide to Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-based Practice Model and Guidelines. Indianapolis: Sigma Theta Tau International.