Karen S. March, Ph.D., RN, ACNS-BC
Professor of Nursing
Chair, Nursing Department
- BS, Indiana University of PA (1984)
- MSN, Gannon University (1993)
- Ph.D., University at Buffalo, State University of New York (2005)
- Registered Nurse
- Board-Certified Adult Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- CCRN Alumnus – maintained active CCRN certification for 24 years
- Adults with Acute Health Problems
- Measurement and Evaluation in Nursing (MS in Nursing)
- Evidence-Based Practice I: Methods (DNP)
- Evidence-Based Practice II: Translation (DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Scholarly Project: Implementation, Evaluation, and Dissemination (DNP)
- Evidence-based practice within acute care hospitals
- York Hospital Nursing Excellence in Shared Decision Making Award, 2010
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award, Eta Eta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, 2009
- Evidence-Based Practice Poster Award at the annual conference of the Emergency Nurses’ Association, 2009
- Condon, M. and March, K.S. (2011). NCLEX-RN high risk: The disaster prevention manual for nurses determined to pass the licensure exam on the first try. Boston, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
- Artz, B.A., March, K.S., and Grim, R.D. (2011). Clinical nurse specialists empowering staff to improve patient outcomes in temperature measurement: From PI/EBP to nursing research. In Patton, S. P., and Moody, R. 2011 National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists National Conference Abstracts. Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice, 25(2), 75, DOI: 10.1097/NUR.0b013e31820d9112
- Seben, S., March, K.S., and Pugh, L.C. (2010). EBP Forum: An innovative strategy to improve patient outcomes. American Nurse Today.
- March, K.S. and Ambrose, J.M. (2010). Rx for NCLEX-RN success: Reflections on development of an effective preparation process for senior baccalaureate students. Nursing Education Perspectives, 11(4), 162-164.
- Eisert, P.J., Eldredge, K., Hartlaub, T., Huggins, E., Keirn, G., O'Brien, P., Rozzi, H.V., Pugh, L.C., and March, K.S. (2010). CSI: New @ York: Development of forensic evidence guidelines for the emergency department. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly, 33(1), 1-10.
- Artz, B.A., and March, K.S. (2011). “A CNS role: Empowering staff to improve patient outcomes in temperature measurement from PI/EBP to nursing research.” Podium presentation at the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists Annual Conference “CNS Your Clinical Innovation Expert” in Baltimore, MD.
- Buchko, B., and March, K.S. (2010). "Inpatient peripartum insulin pump management: Translating the evidence.” Poster presentation at 7th Biennial Joanna Briggs International Colloquium, Knowledge to Action: The Next Generation of Evidence Based Practice in Chicago, IL.
- Hardy-Sprenkle, V., Pugh, L.C., March, K.S., Fisher, E., and Eisert, P. (2010). “An innovative evidence-based practice fellowship program in a large community hospital: Igniting the spirit of inquiry.” Poster presentation at the Magnet conference in Baltimore, MD.
- Eisert, P.J, Eldredge, K., Hartlaub, T., Huggins, E., Keirn, G., O’Brien, P., Rozzi, H., Shue, N., Wilkerson, H., Pugh, L. C., and March, K.S. (2009). “CSI: New @ York: Forensic evidence guidelines for the emergency department.” Podium presentation at 17th Annual Scientific Assembly of the International Association of Forensic Nurses in Atlanta, Georgia.
- March, K.S. (2009). "Improving patient outcomes through evidence-based practice." Keynote Speaker for the 4th Annual Research Conference - Advancing Nursing: Developing Excellence in EBP and Research, sponsored by Christiana Care Health Systems, University of Delaware School of Nursing, Nemours/Alfred DuPont Hospital for Children, and Thomas Jefferson University School of Nursing, Newark, DE.
on November 6, 2009.
- Continuing Education Review Panel for American Association of Critical Care Nurses, 1998-2002 & 2003-present.
- Site Evaluator for Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 2010-present.
- Advisory Board Member for York Technical Institute, 2011-present.
- Advisory Board Member for Keystone In-home Care of Lancaster and York Counties, 2004-present.