Karen S. March, Ph.D., RN, ACNS-BC
Professor of Nursing
Chairperson, The Stabler Department of Nursing
Director, Clinical Nurse Specialist Program
- BS, Indiana University of PA (1984)
- MSN, Gannon University (1993)
- Ph.D., University at Buffalo, State University of New York (2005)
- Registered Nurse
- Board-Certified Adult Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Adults with Acute Health Problems
- Measurement and Evaluation in Nursing (MS in Nursing)
- Evidence-Based Practice I: Methods (DNP)
- Evidence-Based Practice II: Translation (DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Scholarly Project: Implementation, Evaluation, and Dissemination (DNP)
- Poster award for “Creating and spreading the spirit of inquiry: Locally, regionally, nationally, internationally,” Pennsylvania Organization of Nurse Leaders Conference, 2012
- York Hospital Nursing Excellence in Shared Decision Making Award, 2010
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award, Eta Eta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, 2009
- Evidence-Based Practice Poster Award at the annual conference of the Emergency Nurses’ Association, 2009
- March, K.S. (2013). Faculty and staff giving practices in U.S. public higher education. Saarbrucken, Germany: Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Pucino, C. and March, K.S. (2012). Instructor resource manual for Perrin’s Understanding the essentials of critical care nursing, 2e. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Buchko, B. L., Artz, B.A., Dayhoff, S., and March, K.S. (2012). Improving care of patients with insulin pumps during hospitalization: Translating the evidence. Journal of Nursing Care Quality. 27(4):333-340.
- Condon, M. and March, K.S. (2011). NCLEX-RN high risk: The disaster prevention manual for nurses determined to pass the licensure exam on the first try. Boston, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
- Artz, B.A., March, K.S., and Grim, R.D. (2011). Clinical nurse specialists empowering staff to improve patient outcomes in temperature measurement: From PI/EBP to nursing research. In Patton, S. P., and Moody, R. 2011 National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists National Conference Abstracts. Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice.
- Hardy-Sprenkle, V., Buchko, B., March, K.S., and Pugh, L.C. “Creating and spreading the spirit of inquiry: Locally, regionally, nationally, internationally.” Poster presentation at the Pennsylvania Organization of Nurse Leaders conference, 2012.
- March, K.S. “Improving patient outcomes through evidence based practice.” Podium presentation at TRENDS in Trauma and Cardiovascular Nursing Conference in Atlantic City, NJ, 2012.
- March, K.S. “Development of evidence-based practice skills among undergraduate and graduate students.” Podium presentation at Dimensions of Evidence-Based Practice Across the Spectrum, Millersville University, Millersville, PA, 2012.
- March, K.S. “Using evidence as a framework for practice to improve patient outcomes.” Podium presentation at Making a Difference Conference, Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, 2011.
- Continuing Education Review Panel for American Association of Critical Care Nurses, 1998-2002 & 2003-present.
- Site Evaluator for Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 2010-present.
- Advisory Board Member for Messiah College Nursing program, 2012-present.
- Advisory Board Member for Harrisburg Area Community College/York Nursing program, 2013-present.
- Advisory Board Member for York Technical Institute, 2011-present.
- Critical care nurse for more than 25 years
- Nursing supervision/management for 5 years
- Nurse educator for more than 20 years
- Nurse researcher (part-time) for 4 years