Richard Haas, Ph.D., CRNA, PHRN
Director, YCP/WellSpan Health Nurse Anesthetist Program
- BSN, Georgetown University (1976)
- EdM, Boston University (1983)
MS, State University of New York at Buffalo (1985)
- PhD, University of South Carolina (2003)
- Registered Nurse
- PHRN (Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Anesthesia and Co-Existing Diseases (MS in Nursing)
- Clinical Correlation Conference, Junior Level 1 (MS in Nursing)
- Anatomy and Physiology for Nurse Anesthetists, 1 and 2 (MS in Nursing)
- Pharmacology of Anesthetic Agents and Adjunct Agents (MS in Nursing)
- Stress and working memory
- Simulation in anesthesia
- Simulation in health care
- Stress and success in education
- Best Overall Abstract, International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH), 2011. Haas RE, Nater UM, Patterson D, Lowe J, Burtnett H, Arbittier D. Physiologic stress levels in student nurse anesthetists during simulated and actual induction of general anesthesia.
- Budd, G., Wolf, A. & Haas, R. (2015). Addressing the primary care workforce: A study of nurse practitioner students' plans after graduation. Journal of Nursing Education.
- Crowley, R., & Haas, R. (2010). Total knee arthroplasty in a patient with diastrophic dwarfism. American Association of Nurse Anesthetist Journal.
- Haas, R. E. (2009). Socratic instruction for Heinrichs and Thompson. In A resource for nurse anesthesia educators. Park Ridge, IL: AANA Publishing Company.
- Numerous committees and offices in the Georgia Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Reviewer, Journal of Radiologic Nursing
- Reviewer, AANA Journal (American Association of Nurse Anesthetists), 2009 to 2013
- Associate Director for Research, Medical Simulation Center, York Hospital
- Member, Steering Committee, Medical Simulation Center, York Hospital
- United States Army, Active and Reserve, Retired LTC
- Staff anesthetist, 10 years
- Anesthesia education, 19 years
- EMS (emergency medical services), 20 years