Kimberly Fenstermacher, Ph.D., CRNP
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Director, Graduate Programs in Nursing
Director, Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
- BSN, Boston University (1982)
- MS, Pennsylvania State University (2004)
- PhD, Pennsylvania State University (2011)
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Application of Nursing Research (MS in Nursing)
- Management for Quality Improvement in Heath Care Systems (DNP)
- Clinical Residency I and II (DNP)
- DNP Scholarly Project: Implementation
DNP Scholarly Project: Evaluation and Dissemination
- Theoretical Basis for Role Development for Advanced Practice Nurses
(MS in Nursing)
- Perinatal bereavement
- Qualitative research methods
- Nursing theory
- Quality and patient safety
- Evidence-based practice
- Outstanding Manuscript, 2014 Annual Collaborative EBP/Research Conference, York, PA
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award from Eta Eta Chapter of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, 2013.
- Pre-Doctoral Fellowship National Research Service Award from NIH/NINR, 2009 to 2011
Funding for Research: Perinatal Loss and Bereavement in Non-Hispanic Black Adolescents
- Outstanding Podium Presentation, 2013 Annual Collaborative EBP/Research Conference, York, PA
- Fenstermacher, K. (2014) Enduring to gain new perspective: A grounded theory study of the experience of perinatal bereavement in black adolescents. Research in Nursing and Health Journal.
- Fenstermacher, K. & Hupcey, JE. (2013). Perinatal bereavement: A principle-based concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing.
- Hupcey, J. E., Penrod, J., & Fenstermacher, K. (2009). A model for palliative care for heart failure. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine.
- Hupcey, J., Fenstermacher, K., Kitko, L. & Penrod, J. (2010). Achieving medical stability: Wives’ experiences with heart failure. Clinical Nursing Research.
- Hupcey, J. E., Fenstermacher, K., Kitko, L., & Fogg, J. (2011). Palliative needs of spousal caregivers of patients with heart failure followed at specialized heart failure centers. Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing.
- Pedagogical Strategies for Teaching EBP and Translation of Research to Baccalaureate Nursing Students and Practicing Nurses. presented with Dr. Linda Pugh at Eastern Nursing Research Society, Boston, MA, 2013.
- Nursing Essentials for Transforming Healthcare: Education, Evidence, Ethics, and Engagement (keynote presentation) at the 13th Annual Touching the Future of Children Conference, Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital. 2013.
- The Experience of Perinatal Bereavement in Black Adolescents at the Council for Advancing Nursing Science, Washington, DC. 2012.
- Reviewer, Journal of Advanced Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Member
- Eastern Nursing Research Society, Member