Julia Bucher, Ph.D., RN
Associate Professor of Nursing
- BSN, University of Delaware (1974)
- MN, University of Washington (1980)
MPM, Seattle University (1986)
- PhD, Community Systems Planning & Development, Penn State University (1992)
- Nursing Concepts and Practice: Community Health Nursing
- Community Health Concepts and Issues for Registered Nurses
- Research Concepts for Registered Nurses
- Health Care Policy, Organization and Finance (MS in Nursing)
- Population Health Outcomes (DNP)
- Problem solving coaching of family caregivers of persons with cancer
- Comprehensive cancer control planning and evaluation
- Trish Greene Quality of Life Award – Cancer Intervention
- Implementation Coordinator Award - Pennsylvania Comprehensive Cancer Control
- Excellence in Nursing Practice, Eta Eta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, 2011
- Bucher, J.A. (2013). Ask An Expert. Booming column online. New York Times.
- Bucher, J.A. & Thompson, C.W. (2012). Promoting health in low-income communities: The Asthma Safe Kids Program delivered by an academic nurse managed center. Journal of Asthma & Allergy Educators.
- Bucher, J.A. & Houts, P.S. (2011). A comprehensive guide to caregiving for family caregivers. 2nd ED. Atlanta GA: American Cancer Society.
- Bucher, J.A. (2010). Using the logic model for planning and evaluation: examples for new users. Home Health Management and Practice.
- Synthetic estimation. Pennsylvania Department of Health and Cancer Control, Harrisburg, PA, 2014.
- Community-Clinical Linkages (panelist). Building Bridges Pennsylvania Cancer Planning Summit, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA. 2014.
- Successful Colonoscopy Preparation for Low-income, Low-vision Adults, Building Bridges: Pennsylvania Cancer Planning Summit, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Pavilion. 2013.
- Community Resources, Support Group for Early-stage Alzheimer's Patients, Alzheimer's Association, Lebanon, PA. 2013.
- Home Care of Veterans through Academic Nurse Managed Centers at Joining Forces to Restore Lives: Nursing Education and Research in Veterans Health Conference, University Of South Florida College Of Nursing, Tampa FL. 2012.