Julie Beck, D.Ed., RN, CNE
Associate Professor of Nursing
- BSN, Bloomsburg University (1988)
- MSN, Villanova University (1993)
- DEd, Penn State University (2005)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Perioperative Nursing
- Health Assessment for Professional Nursing Practice
- Nursing Concepts and Practice: Adults with Chronic Health Problems
- Leadership in Professional Nursing
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology (MS in Nursing)
- Magnet hospitals
- Organizational behavior
- Nursing Externs
- Balance of practice
- Beck, J., & Ruth-Sahd, L. (2013). The Lived Experience of Seeking Tenure While Practicing Clinically: Finding Balance in Academia. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 32(1), 37-45.
- Beck,J. (2012). The Meaning of Voice to Experience?d Nurses in Magnet Hospitals. Lambert Academic Publishing: Saarbrücken, Germany
- Sahd, L. & Beck, J. (2010). Transformative Learning During a Nursing Externship Program: The Reflections of Senior Nursing Students, Penn State University, Middletown, PA.
- Ruth-Sahd, L, Beck, J., McCall, C. (2010) Transformative learning during a Nursing Externship Program: The reflections of senior nursing students. Nursing Education Perspectives, 31 (2), 78-83.
- Columbia Wellness Center, Columbia, PA
- Parish Nurse, Lancaster, PA
- Clinical Practice, Adult Intensive Care Unit, Lancaster General Hospital