Julie Beck, D.Ed., RN, CNE
Associate Professor of Nursing
- BSN, Bloomsburg University (1988)
- MSN, Villanova University (1993)
- DEd, Penn State University (2005)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Health Assessments for Professional Nursing Practice
- Nursing Concepts and Practice: Adults with Chronic Health Problems
- Nursing Practicum
- Advanced Assessment and Diagnosis (MS in nursing)
- Magnet hospitals
- Organizational behavior
- Nursing Externs
- Balance of practice
- Nurse Hero Award, Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, 2015
- Star Leadership Award Mentor Winner, Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, 2014
- Excellence in Mentoring Award, Eta Eta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International, 2011
- The lived experience of seeking tenure while practicing clinically: Finding balance in academia. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 2013.
- The meaning of voice to experienced nurses in magnet hospitals. Lambert Academic Publishing: Saarbrücken, Germany, 2012.
- Transformative learning during a nursing externship program: The reflections of senior nursing students. Nursing Education Perspectives, 2010.
- Managing the clinical day for student success, American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Nashville, TN, 2015.
- Seeking tenure while practicing clinically: Finding balance in academia. Creating Healthy Work Environment Conference, Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Hemodynamics, Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster, PA, 2012.
- The lived experience of seeking tenure while practicing clinically: Finding balance in academia. Annual Research Day, York, PA, 2012.
- Transformative learning during a nursing externship program: The reflections of senior nursing students, Penn State University, Middletown, PA, 2010.
- Member, Planning Committee, American Association of Colleges of Nursing 2016 Faculty Development Conference, St. Petersburg, FL
- Member, Advisory Committee for Dental Hygiene Program, Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA
- Columbia Wellness Center, Columbia, PA
- Parish Nurse, Lancaster, PA
- Reviewer, Journal of Nursing Education
- Clinical Practice, Adult Intensive Care Unit, Lancaster General Hospital