Jeffrey P. Witman, Ed.D., CTRS
Associate Professor, Recreation and Leisure Administration
- B.S. Elizabethtown College (1973)
- M.S. University of Oregon (1977)
- Ed.D. Boston University (1989)
- CTRS - Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Department Chair
- Leadership and Group Dynamics
- Introduction Therapeutic Recreation
- Leadership Therapeutic Recreation
- Seminar in Recreation and Leisure
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Leadership Development
- Wellness Assessment/Programming
- Elected as a Fellow, National Academy of Recreational Therapists, 2011
- Distinguished Service Award, National Therapeutic Recreation Society, 2008
- Presidential Award, American Therapeutic Recreation Association, 2005
- Selected for inclusion in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers in 1996, 2000, 2005 and 2006
- Strassle, C.G., Witman, J.P., Kinney, J.S. & Kinney, W.B. (2011). Counseling theory and practice: Applications for leisure education. In N. Stumbo & B. Wardlaw (Eds.) Facilitation of therapeutic recreation services: An evidence-based and best practice approach to techniques and processes. (pp. 115-124) State College, PA: Venture Publishing.
- Witman, J. & Ligon, M. (2011) Reflection recognition reaffirmation: An engaging frame of reference for leisure education (2d Ed.). Enumclaw, WA: Idyll Arbor, Inc.
- Witman, J.P. (2008). Taking the initiative. State College, PA: Venture Publishing, Inc.
- Advisory Board Member, South Central Easter Seals of PA
- Board Member, Recreational Therapy Foundation
- Editor, Annual in Therapeutic Recreation