Ari de Wilde, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Sport Management
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University (2010)
- M.A., The Ohio State University (2007)
- B.A., Bates College (2005)
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Sport in Society
- Sport Administration/Management
- Financing Sport Operations
- Student Practicum and Work Experience
- Business History of Sport
- American Bicycle Racing Industry
- Sport Management/Studies Research Methodology
- SAAB Ohio State Student-Athlete Faculty Recognition Luncheon Fall 2009
- Fellow-The Oxford Journals Doctoral Colloquium in Business History, Milan, Italy Summer 2009
- Alumni Grant for Graduate Research and Scholarship ($1,369) Spring 2009
- GA Advisory Committee Overall School of PAES Leadership Award Fall 2008
- de Wilde, A. (2012). “Six Day Racing Entrepreneurs And The Emergence of the Twentieth Century Arena Sportscape, 1891-1912,” Journal of Historical Research in Marketing, 4, 532-553.
- de Wilde, A. & Seifried, C. (2012). “An Analysis of Research Methods in Leading Sport Management Journals: The Absence of Historical Methods in Sport Management,” International Journal of Sport Management, 13, 186-202.
- de Wilde, A., Seifried, C. & Adelman, M (2010) “The Culture of History in Sport Management’s Foundation: The Intellectual Influence of Harvard Business School on Four Founding Sport Management Scholars” Quest, 62, 406-422.
- de Wilde, A. (In-press). “Lance Armstrong” in Sports in American Pop Culture: An Encyclopedia, ed. Murry Nelson. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio.
- de Wilde, A. (2009) “Ghosts of the Garden,” eHistory (OSU Department of History)