David Fyfe, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Geography
- B.S., SUNY, College at Oneonta (2002)
- M.S., The Pennsylvania State University (2004)
- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University (2008)
- Introduction to Geography
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Historical Geography
- Geographic Perspectives on Sustainability
- Cultures and Environments Field Series
- Historical GIS
- Small-town commerce and sociability utilizing historic hotel guest registers
- Short term study abroad and the geography curriculum
- Hawthorne, T. and Fyfe, D. 2010. The importance of student-led initiatives in rethinking the PhD. Geojournal, Spring 2010.
- Fyfe, D. and Holdworth, D. Signatures of commerce in small-town hotel guest registers. Social Science History, 33(1) 17-45.
- Fyfe, D, Holdworth, D, and Weaver, C. Historical GIS and Visualization: Insights from three hotel guest registers in Central Pennsylvania, 1888-1897. Social Science Computer Review (27) 348-362.
- Fyfe, D. Birthplace of baseball or village of museums? The packaging of heritage tourism in Cooperstown, New York. Journal of Sport and Tourism, (13) 135-153. 2008