John Altman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Political Science
Department Chair and Political Science Coordinator
- B.A., The University of North Carolina at Charlotte (1988)
- M.P.A., The University of North Carolina at Charlotte (1990)
- Ph.D., The University of Tennessee (1997)
- American Government
- Scope and Methods of Political Science
- Politics of Public Policy
- The Congress
- The Presidency
- Comparative state policy analysis
- The politics of energy and environmental policy
- Studying determinants and effects of local government fragmentation
- Faculty Associate, Legislative Office for Research Liaison, PA House of Reps, 2006-present
- Faculty Recognition Award, York College of Pennsylvania, 2003
- Faculty Commencement Speaker, York College of Pennsylvania, 2003
- Altman, John A. 2009. “The Next Four Years - What to Expect.” York College of Pennsylvania Magazine (Winter): 7.
- Altman, John and Stan Buchanan. 2008. “Explaining State Variation in Emergency Medical Service Provision.” Illinois Political Science Review 12 (Spring): 11-25.
- Altman, John A. 2003. “The Articles and the Constitution: Similar in Nature, Different in Design.” Pennsylvania Legacies 3 (1): 20-21.