Dominic DelliCarpini, Ph.D.
Professor of English
Dean of Academic Affairs
- B.A., English, University of Pennsylvania (1979)
- M.A., Pennsylvania State University (1990)
- Ph.D., English, Pennsylvania State University (1990)
- National Officer (Secretary) and Executive Committee member, Conference on College Composition and Communication (2011-14)
- Executive Committee Member, National Council of Writing Program Administrators (2005-2008)
- First-Year Writing
- Shakespeare's Histories and in performance
- Advanced Composition
- Teaching and Tutoring Writing
- Advanced Composition; Writing in Professional Cultures
- Writing Program Administration
- The teaching of Writing
- Civic Rhetoric and Civic Engagement
- Student Learning Assessment
- Early modern literature and Reformation culture/theology
- Professional Service and Leadership Award, York College (2010)
- DelliCarpini, Dominic. Conversations, Readings for Writing. Longman, 2012.
- DelliCarpini, Dominic. Issues: Readings in Academic Disciplines. Longman, 2010.
- DelliCarpini, Dominic. “Remembering the Canons’ Middle Sister: Style, Memory and the Return of the Progymnasmata in the Liberal Arts Writing Major.” What We Are Becoming: Developments in Undergraduate Writing Majors. Greg Giberson and Thomas Moriarity, eds. Utah State Press 2010.
- DelliCarpini, Dominic. “Coming Down from the Ivory Tower: Building Civic Advocacy through Town/Gown Relationships.” Going Public: The WPA as Advocate for Civic Engagement. Shirley Rose and Irwin Weiser, eds. NCTE, 2010.
- DelliCarpini, Dominic. “The Writing Center as Home for Undergraduate Research.” Undergraduate Research in English Studies, Laurie Grobman and Joyce Kinkead, eds. Utah State P, 2010.
- Liaison with community organizations like the York Nonprofit Management Development Center and the leadership team for the York Community Development Coordinating Group through the Center for Community engagement.
- Member of the Neighborhood Revitalization Committee of the York College Board.