Michael Zerbe, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Writing Program Administrator
- B.S., James Madison University (1988)
- M.T.S.C., Miami University (1990)
- Ph.D., Purdue University (1998)
- First Year Writing
- Advanced Composition and Rhetorical Theory
- Science in Rhetoric and Literature
- Writing in Professional Cultures and Interdisciplinary Writing
- Digital Writing and Professional Editing
- Rhetorics of Science and Medicine
- Rhetoric and Composition and Science Literacy
- Fulbright Lecturer, Bulgaria, 2009
- York College Summer Research Grant, 2003, 2005
- Health Communications Fellowship, National Cancer Institute, 1990
- Zerbe, Michael J. Composition and the Rhetoric of Science: Engaging the Dominant Discourse. Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press, 2007.
- DelliCarpini, Dominic, and Michael J. Zerbe. "Remembering the Canons' Middle Sisters: Style, Memory and the Return of Progymnasmata in the Liberal Arts Writing major." What are We Becoming?: Developments in Undergraduate Writing Majors. Eds. Gregory Giberson and Thomas Moriarty. Logan: Utah State university Press, 2010. 177-203.
- Zerbe, Michael J. "From the Frontiers of IMRAD: Non-Traditional Medical Research in Two Cancer Journals." Rhetoric of Healthcare: Essays Toward a New Disciplinary Inquiry. Eds. Barbara Heifferon and Stuart Brown. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2008. 203-220.
- Member of and grant writer for the Harrisburg Choral Society
- West Shore Recreation basketball team member
- Youth soccer coach