Victor E. Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Philosophy and English
Chair, Department of English and Humanities
Coordinator of Literary and Textual Studies
- B.A., Le Moyne College
- M.A., Syracuse University
- Ph.D., Syracuse University
- Executive Editor: The Journal for Cultural and Religious Theory
- Series Co-editor: Rethinking Theory, The Johns Hopkins University Press
- Series Editor: Critical Studies in the Humanities, Davies Group Publishers
- Visiting Scholar: German and Romance Languages and Literatures Department, The Johns Hopkins University, 2004-Present
- Visiting Scholar: Comparative Literature and Literary Theory Program, University of Pennsylvania, 2011-12.
- Religious Theory and Literary Studies
- History of Philosophy
- World Religions
- World Philosophy
- Critical Theory and Postmodernism
- Theories of subjectivity in religious, cultural, and literary studies.
- School of Criticism and Theory, Cornell University
- National Humanities Center Summer Fellow, NHC
- National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Fellow, Cornell University
- National Humanities Center Summer Fellow, Yale University
- Pennsylvania Humanities Council Grant Recipient, Martin Library, York, PA
- "Absolute Christ: The Question of Zizekian Christian Materiality in The Monstrosity of Christ: Paradox or Dialectic." Spring 2011.
- The Religious Pray, The Profane Swear: The Civil War Writings of Robert L. Drummond, G.A.R. Expanded Second Edition, Davies Group Publishers, 2012.
- Conversations in Culture, Politics, and Theology. Davies Group Publishers, 2012.
- Conversations in Cultural Rhetoric and Composition Studies, Davies Group Publishers, 2010.
- Religion After Postmodernism. University of Virginia Press. 2008.