The Bob Hoffman Writing Contest
The Bob Hoffman Writing Contest was established by the English and Humanities Department in collaboration with Bob Hoffman, named "Father of World Weightlifting" by the International Federation of Weightlifting, Olympic weightlifting coach, businessman, entrepreneur and founder of the York Barbell Company.
York College announces the 2012 Bob Hoffman Writing Contest, sponsored by the Bob Hoffman Foundation. There will be cash prizes for the best submissions in the categories of poetry, fiction and creative nonfiction. See writing contest guidelines below for rules and submission details. The contest deadline is October 26, 2012 at 4 p.m.
- Poetry submissions can include up to 3 poems. Fiction and nonfiction submissions are to be a maximum of 20 pages
- Submissions must be anonymous, with a cover page including: title of work, category of submission, student name & ID number, email address, and mailing address
- You may submit in each category with different pieces, but each submission must have its own cover sheet
- Prose submissions should be double-spaced, poetry single-spaced
- No previously published work will be accepted
- Submissions are open to all current YCP students
- Prize reception for winners will be 5 p.m. on November 16, 2012 in the 1770s Room in the Student Union
- All entries will be considered for inclusion in The York Review
- Deliver entries to Deb Staley, Administrative Assistant, English and Humanities Department, Humanities Center, Room 161
Questions? Contact Deb Staley: firstname.lastname@example.org