The Bob Hoffman Writing Contest
The Bob Hoffman Writing Contest was established by the English and Humanities Department in collaboration with Bob Hoffman, named "Father of World Weightlifting" by the International Federation of Weightlifting, Olympic weightlifting coach, businessman, entrepreneur and founder of the York Barbell Company.
York College of Pennsylvania announces the 2013 Bob Hoffman Student Writing Contest, sponsored by the Bob Hoffman Foundation. There will be cash prizes for the best submissions in the four categories of poetry, short fiction, flash fiction, and creative nonfiction. See writing contest guidelines below for rules & submission details. The contest deadline is October 25, 2013 at 4:00PM.
- Poetry is a single poem up to five pages. Flash fiction can be a maximum of 500 words. Short fiction and creative nonfiction submissions can be up to 20 pages in length;
- Submissions must be anonymous, with a cover page including: title of work, category of submission, student name & ID number, email address, and mailing address;
- You may submit once in each category with different pieces, but each submission must have its own cover sheet;
- Prose submissions must be double-spaced, poetry single-spaced;
- No previously published work will be considered;
- Submissions are open to all currently enrolled YCP students;
- Prize reception for winners will be 5:00PM on November 22, 2013 in the 1770s room;
- Winners in each category will be considered for inclusion in The York Review student literary magazine;
- Deliver entries to Deb Staley, English & Humanities Department, HUM 161 by the deadline.
Questions? Contact Deb Staley: email@example.com