Kimberly Kode Sutton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Education
Coordinator, Early Elementary (PreK-4)/Special Education (PreK-8) and Middle Level (4-8)/Special Education (PreK-8) Dual Certifications
- B.S. Old Dominion University (1990), Elementary/Middle Education, Teaching Licenses: Elementary Education (K-6), Middle Level Math (6-8), Middle Level Science (6-8), Middle Level Social Studies (6-8), Middle Level Language Arts (6-8)
- M.S.Ed. Old Dominion University (1993), Special Education, Teaching License: Cross-Categorical Special Education (K-12)
- Ph.D., Marquette University (2001), Curriculum and Instruction
- Special Education Processes and Procedures
- Evidence-Based Instruction: Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- Assistive and Augmentative Technology
- Selected Topics
- Novice Teachers
- Effective Teaching Strategies
- Assistive Technologies
- Kode, K. (2011). "Five things every new teacher needs to know about classroom management." Middle Ground 14, no. 1.
- Kode K. & Knurr, D. (2008). "Money matters: Fiscal responsibility." Middle Ground 11, no.3.
- Kode, K. (2002). Elizabeth Farrell and the History of Special Education. Council for Exceptional Children: Arlington, VA.
- Book Reviewer, Middle Ground, Association for Middle Level Education
- Manuscript Reviewer, Science and Children, National Science Teachers Association
- Co-advisor, York College's Student Education Association