Joshua D. DeSantis, D.Ed.
Assistant Professor of Education
Coordinator, Secondary Education
- B.S., Ed., Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (2003) - Secondary Education Social Studies
- M.A., Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (2009) - Applied History
- D.Ed., Indiana University of Pennsylvania (2012) - Curriculum and Instruction
- Level Two Pennsylvania Social Studies-Grades 7-12
- Foundations of American Education
- Education Technology
- Curriculum Development
- Teaching of the Social Studies
- Technology in Education
- Social Studies Education
- Classroom Pedagogy
- Professional Partnership
- 1. DeSantis, J. (2012). Digital discovery: A model for integrating digital interactives during social studies lessons. Social Studies Research and Practice. 7(2), 130-136.
- 2. DeSantis, J. (2012). Expanding the argument for equity. [Review of the book The flat world and education: How America's commitment to equity will determine our future by L.D. Hammond]. International Journal of Progressive Education, 8(1), 35-38.
- 3. DeSantis, J. (2012). Getting the most from your interactive whiteboard investment: Three guiding principles for designing professional development. The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues, and Ideas, 85(2), 51-55.
- DeSantis, J. (2013, March) Building Teacher Technology Self-Efficacy: Sustained, Collaborative, and Scaffolded Professional Development. Presented at the National Association of Teacher Educators Annual Conference: Atlanta, GA.
- DeSantis, J., & Freyvogel-DiBunno, C., (2011, April). None of Us is as Smart as All of Us: Collaboration in Pre-Service Teaching Programs. Presented at the National Student Teaching and Supervision Conference, Slippery Rock University: Slippery Rock, PA.
- Horizons History Club Advisor
- Student Teaching Supervisor
- Keystone Examination Parent Feedback Form Review Committee
- Social Studies Keystone Tests Review Committee
- 2012 New England Education Research Organization Conference Proposal Reviewer