- Peabody Conservatory of Music, Baltimore, MD (1985-1989) Piano studies with Robert Weirich Harpsichord studies with Webb Wiggins Organ studies with Peggy Haas-Howell
- B.M., Peabody Conservatory (1989)
- Sweelinck Conservatorium, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (1989-1991) Harpsichord studies with Gustav Leonhardt Organ workshops with Harold Vogel
- New England Conservatory of Music, Boston, MA (1991-1993) Harpsichord studies with John Gibbons Graduate Seminar Organ studies with William Porter
- M.M., New England Conservatory (1993) Master of Music with Academic Honors and Distinction in Performance
- Born and raised in Central Pennsylvania, Gretchen (Elicker) Dekker began her formal training in piano locally at age eight. She continued her studies at the Peabody Conservatory School in Baltimore and, following her graduation from Northeastern High School, she entered the Peabody Conservatory and graduated with honors in 1989. Pursuing a strong interest in the harpsichord, she auditioned for and was accepted by Gustav Leonhardt as one of four pupils in his international class from 1989-1991. During her time of residence in Amsterdam, she studied both harpsichord and organ and performed recitals throughout the Netherlands, France and Belgium.
- In 1993, Gretchen received her Master's Degree with high academic honors and special recognition for distinction in performance from the new England Conservatory of Music and has since concertized as both a soloist and collaborative artist in the mid-Atlantic region. She has been featured as a soloist with the Peabody Chamber Symphony, the York Symphony Orchestra, the Harrisburg Symphony, the York Oratorio Society, the Newton Chamber Orchestra and the Concertante Chamber Ensemble.
- Gretchen serves as an adjunct professor piano and solfege and a staff accompanist on the faculty of York College. Mrs. Dekker resides on a farm north of York with her husband and children, where she maintains an active private piano studio.
- Recipient of Distinction in Performance Award, New England Conservatory (1993)
- National Guild of Piano Teachers Recognition Award (1998-present)
- Spivey International Harpsichord Competition Semi-Finalist (1992)
- York Symphony Orchestra Young Artist Competition Winner (1987)
- Peabody Prep Senior Recital Competition co-winner (1985)
- York Symphony Orchestra
- York College of Pennsylvania Community Orchestra
- Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra
- Peabody Chamber Music
- Netherlands Chamber Orchestra