Lowell A. Briggs, M.S.
Instructor of Communication
- Continuing Professional Education: Harvard University:The Negotiation Project. (2004)
- Graduate Certificate in the Study of Distance Education, Penn State University, University Park, PA (1997)
- M.S. Human Organization Science, Villanova University, Villanova, PA (1987)
- B.A. Radio/Television/Film, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (1976)
- Broadcast Performance I & II
- Video Production II (Documentary Storytelling)
- Media Relations
- Crisis Communications Management
- News Writing and Production
- Organizational response to crises
- Disaster and emergency public information
- News and documentary design
- Telly Award (2003) PA Fire and Emergency Services Institute Production. Dangers of hepatitis C among emergency services professionals. Voice/Talent for video, and moderator of one-hour live national satellite broadcast; and two-hour instructional module training program.
- Commendation; York County (PA) Commissioners; Public Information Coordination during Hurricane Isabel, 2003
- Broadcast Education Association. Two-Year/Small College Division Service Award. 2002
- Disaster Response: 9/11 Attacks New York City (2001); Asian Tsunami, Phuket, Thailand, 2005
- Telly Award (1999) PA & NJ LIVE Public TV Broadcast. Y2K Preparation Broadcast, WITF-TV, Harrisburg, PA. June 30, 1999. Producer: Ken Stewart. Voice/Talent for video, and live moderator of public broadcast.
- Briggs, L. & Wagner, G. D. (1997) Factors of distraction in one-way video, two-way audio distance learning setting. Journal of Lifelong Learning, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA V6.
- Briggs, L. (2003) Conference paper presentation entitled Globalization of American Cable News. International Association of Peace Studies. University of Vienna, (Austria). University of Vienna Press. Fall 2003
- Kelly, C. (2002) Bangladesh. Voice-over talent for Christie Productions, Inc. production for Johns Hopkins University Video. January, 2002. Baltimore, MD