- B.J., Journalism, University of Missouri
- Print Media Writing
- Honorable Mention the National Dart Awards for Excellence in Coverage of Trauma for "Finding their way out". This is about the lasting trauma of a 2003 school shooting.
- Scripps-Howard Foundations' National Journalism Award for Public Service Reporting, 2001 for York Daily Record's coverage of a 30-year-old race-riot murder case.
- National finalist for the Associated Press Managing Editors' public service award for "Teens on Heroin". 1998
- Sunday Editor at York Daily Record/Sunday News
- Day Metro Editor at York Daily Record/Sunday News
- City Editor, Sports Editor at Carroll County, MD Times
- Sports Reporter at Roanoke, VA Times
- Sports Reporter at Harrisonburg, VA Daily News-Record