Jay A. Azriel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Strategy
Entrepreneurship Major Advisor
- B.B.A., Ogelthorpe University, Atlanta, Georgia (1984)
- M.B.A., The American University, Washington, DC (1991)
- Ph.D., University at Albany, Albany, NY (2003)
- Entrepreneurship Major Coordinator
- Sam Walton Fellow
- York College SIFE
- Principles of Management
- Small Business Management
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Business Policy and Strategy
- High technology company strategic alliances in strategy and entrepreneurship contexts.
- Entrepreneurial environmental scanning and opportunity recognition.
- Nascent entrepreneurship as it relates to intentions.
- Corporate entrepreneurship activities.
- Using games, cases and experiential exercises as interactive teaching methods.
- 2005, "Igniting the Flame Award" for Contributions to Experiential Learning in Entrepreneurship at The Experiential Classroom VI. Syracuse University's Entrepreneurship Experiential Faculty Workshop.
- 2003, State Farm Teaching Technology Faculty Fellow: A competitive award for a summer-long intensive workshop for using technology in the classroom.
- 2002, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice Best Conceptual Paper Award, USASBE Conference, Reno, NV.
- Woodall, J.F., Azriel, J.A., and Patnode, G. (2010) "York's Best Ice Cream Company: Building a Regional Brand", Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 12 Iss: 2, pp. 153-167.
- Brazeal, D.V., Schenkel, M.T., and Azriel, J.A. (2008) "Awakening the entrepreneurship spirit: Exploring the relationship between organizational factors and perceptions of entrepreneurial self-efficacy and desirability in a corporate setting. New England Journal of Entrepreneurship, 11(1) pp. 9-25.
- Azriel, J.A., Erthal, M.J., and Starr, E. (2005) Answers, questions, and deceptions: What is the role of games in business education? Journal of Education for Business, 81(1): 9-14.
- Azriel, J.A. and Sumutka, A. (2011) "York's Best Ice Cream Company: Financing Growth," Proceedings of the 24th Annual United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Conference, Hilton Head, SC.
- Azriel, J.A. (2010) "Chilly Dilly's Ice Cream Company: Building a Brand Name," Proceedings of the 23rd Annual United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Conference, Nashville, TN.
- Program Chair for the Corporate Entrepreneurship Special Interest Group for the 2011 USASBE Annual Meeting.
- Vice-Chair Technology and Life Sciences Special Interest Group for 2008 and 2009, USASBE.
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions in Management.
- Chair for the 2007 Eastern Academy of Management Conference Works in Progress Track.